nex7 o nex5n?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by freddytto, Aug 9, 2012.

1. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    hello all friends good morning, I'm in a dilemma, I have been using the nex5n for over a year and actually doing very impressed with the results obtained with it, great IQ, performance in low light, touch screen,great quality video, but I need a electronic viewfinder and the price is almost 300 bucks.

so I'm thinking about buying the nex 7, I have waited long and I think it is time

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I'd wait until the Sony announcements are made a Photokina a month from now before I jumped into a new camera body. One of th e2 new rumored bodies might be just what you are looking for.

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    +1, nex 6 (nex7 body with 16MP sensor) is coming.

However if you want the extra MP, nex-7 is a good choice esp when you can find it now cheaper as used. Also, nex-7 with wide rf lenses have problems, but I guess you should be OK with your set up. We will see how the nex-6 will be with wide rf lenses, since it will be a new sensor.

4. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    NEX-6 with the new sensor, & built in EVF but still costs less than the 7 :cool:

5. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
  6. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yes, I too shall wait and see what the NEX-5R and the NEX-6 looks like.

7. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I agree with everyone's statements, with Photokina coming you are in a really good position to take advantage of the upcoming models, as to whether the new models are something you would go for or something you would avoid, that's something you can ultimately decide for yourself, but what's important is that you get to make an informed decision regarding the options there are.

8. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    thanks guys for your comments, I really was a little restless in waiting to nex5R and nex6, so I went for a visit to sony, and incidentally while using the nex7, which was what I liked, my wife gave me a big surprise when almost chose to ask for the lens 50mm f1.8 , what surprise when she walks to me, gave me a kiss, a strong hug and handed me the small black bag, nex 7, and I was frozen and speechless, according to me, I went to buy the 50mm f1.8, and now I come home with nex7, I could not refuse a gift from my wife because she knew it was one of my wishes and looking forward. :eek:

9. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    this was my first shot nex 7 and minolta Rokkor 50mm f1.7

DSC00006.

10. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    CONGRATS!!!!! :D Awesome gift!!

I wish my partner would give me a gift like that!!!! (she usually gives me socks or undies for a gift)

11. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Wow, congrats Freddy... NEX7, that's a seriously awesome gift!

What an awesome wife you have!!
    (Now you must secretly find out what her special wish is, and I hope you can surprise her with a special gift too in the future) :)

12. snkenai

snkenai TalkEmount Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    Campbellsville, Ky
    Stephen Noel
    Phoenix,

Jealously, will get you no camera! Nor me one either.

13. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Score! I meant your wife, not the camera. ;)

14. Phoenix

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hahaha!

Couldn't agree more!

15. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    thanks guys it was really amazing, I was totally surprised, my wife had told me a few weeks ago, if I still was interested in nex7 or some other camera in particular so just answer yes, but I had not the slightest idea that she thought give it to me, in fact now I am a very happy then I don't know if I have to keep the nex5n or put it on sale

****** After the floods in Tahilandia took a hasty desicion to pick up the NEX5N and have no complains.I think my wife likes the nex5n, will it stay with us...
    DSC00019.

16. detail

detail New to TalkEmount

Aug 10, 2012
    Bucharest, Romania
    So, finally you bought the SEL 50F18, or not?
    It is such a lovely lens! You must have it, it is (for the moment) the only native lens that equals the sensor quality!

17. RT_Panther

Aug 9, 2011
    Nice shot!
    I have to ask - seems like you have NR going on here....is this correct?

18. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    I'm confused, what you mean with NR?, the effect of the photo I guess so right?

19. RT_Panther

Aug 9, 2011
    Yeah...I noticed some smooth/smearing areas hence my curiosity....:confused:

20. freddytto

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    yes mate, i used LR4 ;)