1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX7 Music Video - "The singer and the poet"

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by RAWFA, Sep 25, 2012.

1. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi guys,

This is a NO budget music video I shot this weekend as part of a project I have to explore traditional Brazilian music. It was all shot in one morning on a public park (Parque Lage) here in Rio de Janeiro.

[video=vimeo;50049498]https://vimeo.com/50049498[/video]
    https://vimeo.com/50049498

Equipment - Sony NEX7, 16mm f2.8, 23mm f1.7, 50mm f1.4, Videomic Pro
    Post production - edited and color corrected on Premiere
    Challenges - since it was a public place I had to count on the kindness of strangers when I asked them to hold on just a second so they would not walk into a shot.
    - During the entire shot the NEX7s' infamous overheating issue showed its' ugly head like 3 times and it shutdown after around 2 minutes shooting. It was not that hot at all (it was 22º Celsius).
    - Nature! This park is really in the middle of the wilderness, so mosquitoes kept attacking us.
    Personal note - After I´ve moved to photography it´s been about 5 years since I´ve last shot something. It was really fun and I will certainly be doing it more often.

2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I just absolutely love what you've done here RAWFA.

I'm seeing a lot of movies lately made with the NEX and I'm getting more and more interested in dabbling into video.

Thank you very much for this... inspirational, very uplifting!

3. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    wow amazing

4. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Thanks for the comments, guys.

5. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Rafwa hey I've been using Sony Vegas, I find it easier to edit videos, but I really liked this video looks great and in HD, wow amazing, what program did you use?

6. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Wow, I love this forum! This is literally the best thing I've watched all week. Congratulations on such a magnificent piece.

7. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Fantastic work on the technical side! Is critic allowed? Oh well, I just start on some compositional things:

I think in the beginning the cuts are too fast for this type of music, and if there really is such a beautiful nature - show it to us! By that I mean let them (or at least her) walk in the park, think of a concept that fits the song and try get many more perspectives to make it more interesting after the first couple of seconds.

Sorry if I sound like a jerk, I just want to give you a few ideas for your possible next shooting!

8. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    No, you don´t sound like a jerk at all. But like I said this is a public park full of people walking around. It was hard enough getting people not to walk into the shot on a single steady location. I´ve moving shots with the NEX before and since it doesn´t have in-body IS it comes out very shaky and not professional looking at all. Another constraint was the fact that the singer flew in from another state and only had one morning to shoot.

As for the pace I agree that it was a little fast for the type of music.