1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nex6 set up

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by FatDadddy, Mar 9, 2013.

1. FatDadddy

FatDadddy TalkEmount Regular

Feb 17, 2013
    Dave
    Got my Rokinon 8mm fisheye in. What do I need to do to Nex 6 to set it up? F2.8 & infinity good place to start?
    Thanks!

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    If you haven't already, go to Menu--> Setup--> Release Without Lens--> Enable

Put the lens on, set the aperture at f/8, focus at 3 feet and go shoot. Then after you've shot everything is sight you can start playing with the focus and aperture. If you've not used a fisheye before just concentrate on composing the shot at first.

It's a fun lens, go play. :)

3. loonsailor

loonsailor TalkEmount Regular

Feb 7, 2013
    Berkeley, CA, USA
    Bimjo's advice is great, but I'll expand just a bit. In his scenario, set to P or A mode, and the camera will adjust shutter speed and/or ISO. Set to S mode if you care about shutter speed, and the camera will adjust ISO. (Of course, if you want it to be able to adjust ISO, be sure to set your ISO to auto!) Or, shoot in manual if that's your thing. I completely agree with him on focus. There's so much depth of field that you shouldn't worry about it at first. Composition is so different with this lens, and so much fun, that you should make the rest of the process as brain-dead easy as possible until you get a handle on it. Also, I suggest you shoot raw if you're comfortable with that, because you capture such a large area that you'll want as much exposure latitude as possible.

BTW, watch our for your own feet and elbows, unless you want them in the photo!

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Fingers are a much bigger issue for me. Can't break that old "cradle the lens" SLR thing. Same problem with my CV15. ;)