1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX6 mini review

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by WT21, Sep 19, 2012.

1. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
  2. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    The review also reminded me of a bitter irritant with the NEX6: you purchase apps to get camera effects. Blech. Sony? Where are you going with that?? :(

But they really liked the rest of the camera.

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    I'm never ever buying new, furthermore upon release. However, Sony can't be too quick to take my money for this one. I'm drooling all over it and am definitely getting one when available.

4. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    It's an iPhone/Android cell-phone trend that's perceived and accepted by younger generations as a customizable feature or for personalization. Does nothing for me either. The reason I gravitated toward the NEX is because it allows me plenty of scope to get back to the very grass-roots of photography... so I don't care much about bells and whistles.

But still, I can understand that it is a valid capability that will definitely generate sales (both cameras and apps). The lines are continually getting blurred these days when it comes to internet capable phones with built-in cameras vs modern cameras with built-in internet capabilities. Sony is just keeping up with the times, if we don't need it, we don't have to use it... no harm done.