• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

NEX5N SD Card/picture preview question

hyde

New to TalkEmount
Hello,

I recently returned from a trip and have processed all my images from RAW to jpg and want to put all the jpg files onto one memory card so I can use the HDMI out for showing off pics on a TV. However, when I move my jpg files to the image folder (I:\DCIM\100MSDCF) they are not recognized by the camera. The camera says "Unable to display" and when I go to view mode I can see all the thumbnails, but they are grayed out. So the camera knows the pictures are there, but won't display them. Does anyone have a fix for this? I want to be able to carry my camera to family/friends house and connect camera to tv instead of lugging around a laptop to connect to a large display. Thanks for any info.

edited to add that when I have all my pictures stored on the camera and none of them are able to display, I can take a new picture and it displays/previews fine.

tomrock

TalkEmount Regular
There's a menu choice on the Setup menu "Recover Image DB". Try that and see if it fixes things.

When you processed the raw files did you leave the EXIF info in them?

hyde

New to TalkEmount
There's a menu choice on the Setup menu "Recover Image DB". Try that and see if it fixes things.

When you processed the raw files did you leave the EXIF info in them?

I did try the Recover Image DB and it "recovered" for 15 minutes or so, but no favorable results were gained. The EXIF info I did not save. Not by choice, more of an oversight.

hyde

New to TalkEmount
Not saving the EXIF data seems to be the problem. Using a program called exifer, I was able to generate a thumbnail of the image (although the resolution was horrible and no settings to change this) and I could view the image on the camera, albeit at horrible resolution. Does anyone know of a way to "regenerate" the thumbnail?

Latest threads

Top Bottom