1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Nex3 vs nex 5n video quality

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by dboogie, Nov 10, 2011.

1. dboogie

dboogie New to TalkEmount

Nov 10, 2011
    sorry to bother you withsilly question, i am looking at either the nex3 or nex 5how much lower in quality is the video in the nex 3 compared to the nex 5n . is the video quality that much poorer in the 3. has any one compared he 720 vs 080 side bys ide on a big screen tv not a computer monitor. thank you in advance :) 

2. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Los Angeles
    You can download samples at DPreview and other reviews for both cameras. What may be a big difference for some may be very little for others.

I watch videos from the NEX-3 on my 46" 1080p plasma TV and they look excellent. I'm sure 1080p would be potentially a little crisper. But the overall image quality (color, lack of CMOS jelly, etc.) is very good IMO.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.