1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex-styled wrist watch - anyone ever seen anything like this?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by NickCyprus, Jul 29, 2013.

1. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Cool, never seen this before.

3. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    From the responses it seems that nobody else has seen this before...

:)

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Tried Google, Bing and Yahoo. Nothing.

5. Jaf-Photo

Jaf-Photo TalkEmount Veteran

Mar 25, 2013
    It looks too elaborate to be a fake. Probably, these were made as promotion gifts to VIPs.

6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    That's why I always enter amounts like £25.37 when I'm willing to pay something like £25. A few months ago I won an item because I entered $27.03; I got it for $27! Never bid in rounded amounts like € 10, € 25 etc.

I also saw that you placed a bid 14 s before auction end. That leaves time enough for someone else to outbid you. You'd better place a bid around 5 seconds before auction end. Ken Rockwell's take on how to win at eBay is here. I think he's right on the money.

Oh BTW, it wasn't me :).

7. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Same here...

I research it when I first saw the listing to read some reviews etc but came empty handed....

The possibility of this being a fake did cross my mind but yeah it looks too elaborate to be fake...

I normally bid at the last 10 seconds but this time anxiety took over :D

Thanks for the tip about the not rounded biddings ;)

Good. One less enemy on the list, lol :D (joking offcourse)

8. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Probably a reseller award

Wasn't me either. Nor can I find anything on it.

I suspect it was a corporate award/gift given by Sony to employees and/or resellers. Possibly to sales force who sold large numbers of NEX orders. Canon has done similar things in the past - For example, every once in a while a 1:1 scale replica of the old Canon IV-Sb come available on E-Bay.

9. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Dammit :dash2:

I now feel even worse knowing that its (probably) a very rare/limited edition item (since it looks like there's no info to be found online) and I lost it for a freaking cent...

10. dbmiller

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    You don't really know you lost it for a cent. That person may have bid $100, and $25.01 was enough cover your highest bid. Never bid until the end (Final 5 secs, if possible), and always bid the highest you're willing to pay, and if you don't get it, so be it.

11. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
  12. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I think the winning bidder really bid £25.01, otherwise the end price would have been £26, being £25 + the minimum increment (£1 at this price level). So yes, I'm afraid Nick lost by 1 cent :eek:.

13. dbmiller

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Damn... I could have sworn I'd seen it work that way before, but I can find nothing in my history to back that up. I guess it would cause some confusion if it worked any other way...

• Nick bids £25, but it only shows £22.50, which was the minimum increase from the prior bid of £21.50
    • If someone bids £26 or more, they would push Nick's bid to £25, and then put the new published bid at £26
    • If as you say, someone bids £25.01, this was at least £1 more than the current showing bid, and was higher than the actual bid of £25
    • If E-bay were to enforce the minimum increment from £25, then the final bidder would be told his £25.01 wasn't high enough, yet it was indeed higher than the item now shows at £25
    • Since that person would scream bloody murder if they sold the item for £25 when there was a higher bid, I guess they decided this was acceptable

I guess I've never seen it happen where one person's bid was more than the current minimum and just happened to be less than the minimum above what the actual bid was.

In that case... That sucks!

14. dbmiller

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Ad is indeed right. I found the E-bay help page that goes over this exact scenario:

Bid Increments

Odd, but as noted, you have to make it work that way.

15. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I know I lost the item, if not for 1 cent, maybe for a few uk pounds...The bidder was online at the final moments of the listing (as I was) and I could see his bidding patern :(

I've learned my lesson now...