NEX picture effects

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Phoenix, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Moved from a different thread.

@ Dioptrick - The picture effects works exactly the same on my 7 as it was on the 5. Then again I never really ventured away from Manual or Shutter priority shoot modes. Based on what I've read from the article from DPreview (I havent read the entire article) if you're shooting with the 5n you must ensure that you are shooting JPG only (unlike with the 5 or 7 which records it only in JPG format even if you have JPG + RAW in the settings), and once you choose the partial colour settings in the 5n you must then press the options button to select a different colour.
  2. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    (Regarding Limited Picture Effects with my NEX-5N when fitted with legacy MF lenses)

Phoenix, my 5N with either Native SEL or legacy lenses (release without lens-on) will not allow me to access the Picture Effect and Creative Style Modes via the "Brightness/Color" menu - when I'm on Intelligent Auto and Scene Modes. It does allow me access when I'm on M, S, A, P modes BUT some options are missing. Partial Colour is only in red with no options for Blue, Green, or Yellow. Toy Camera Mode is also missing although most other colour enhancements are available.

With Native lenses, I can get everything directly from within the Intelligent Auto Mode menu, but not with a Legacy. Is your NEX7 different from this, Phoenix?
  3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Yep, shooting JPEG only... thanks I'll look into it. Cheers.
  4. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    I've been shooting jpeg only, until Aperture supports the 7.