NEX News from Messe Berlin (with pics)

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by teshi, Sep 1, 2011.

1. teshi

teshi TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    These are from yesterday whilst I was there. A lot to see from the Sony booth so will be heading back on Saturday so any other pic requests/questions you want answered, please drop me a PM and will do what I can.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New NEX-7 with zoom lens
    [​IMG]

NEX-7 with Zeiss 24 1.8 which was wow
    [​IMG]

NEX-7 EVF - It is good!
    [​IMG]

NEX-5n
    [​IMG]

New accessories. EVF not backwards compatible with NEX-3 and NEX-5 but no matter
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

New A77
    [​IMG]

Im not a fan to plug Facebook but the rest of my photos here
    IFA 2011 - Sony Press Day | Facebook

Blog and read up are here from NEX and a few other bits
    Sony at IFA 2011 – Reborn | clarity-rebirth / the:revision

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Fantastic shots of the new NEX gear! It's good to get a sense of the 24/1.8 and 55-210 lenses on the cameras. I wasn't aware that Sony has an OVF accessory. Is that for the 16mm lens?

3. teshi

teshi TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    The OVF has been around for a while but not widely spoken about purely because it only is suitable for the 16mm since there are no mechanical or moving optical parts so useless with any other lens.

The new EVF which is just being talked about now is impressive but only compatible with the newer NEX models so the NEX-3 and NEX-5 can not benefit. I will get a breakdown and a a pic of each if they are still on display as they were.

4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks, teshi! The OVF looks pretty large for the smaller NEX bodies. Similar to the Olympus OVF for Pens, or the standard Cosina Voigtlander OVFs. I wonder why they make them so big when smaller OVFs like the Ricoh GV2 and the CV 28/35 minifinder are already so nice and bright with good eye relief?

5. teshi

teshi TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Well I think the way it was constructed was so it would also give you a nice coverage but since it is only set to cover 16mm, I have no ideas why it was large to start with. The downside is it didn't sell as well as people hoped but hopefully the new EVF's if reasonably priced should do very well. If it was backwards compatible, I would be putting my money down right now.

I will do some more digging around. :)

6. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    Yves
    Awesome coverage!! The NEX-7 with the 24mm 1.8 looks SEXY!! Thanks for sharing!

7. Ross

Ross TalkEmount Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Though NEX-7 is expressive but the price is expensive.