1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nex-less :( .........

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by NickCyprus, Nov 21, 2013.

1. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ...but only for a week :D

Cause I just sold my 2st gen silver Nex-5 and ordered a brand new Nex-6 for 340 euros!!!

Tell me if you think I did good:
    sold (traded) my Nex-5 for 200euros including flash with bouncer, 2 batteries, wall charger, neck strap, lcd film, JJC lcd hood. Together also went the 18-55mm (with hood) and 16mm lenses.

Got brand new in box Nex-6, body only and after the trade it costed me 340 euros.

That however leaves me without any e-mount lenses - I should be alright, right? :)
    I mean from the day I bought my first adapted lens, I haven't ever mounted an e-mount lens on since I prefer the "feel" of the old lecagy lenses better and I'm fulfilling my photography needs just fine without AF....

2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Whatever makes you happy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    If you don't use the two lenses anyway, sure, that was a great deal! Money-wise, I think you could have got a little more off ebay, but whatever, it's probably not worth all the hassle.

• Like Like x 1
  4. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Congrats, looks like a good deal! But then I'm biased, I have a NEX-6 and I can't really imagine I'll let it go if and when I get an A7.

• Like Like x 1
  5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Congrats on your new camera.

Parting out the lenses might have netted you more cash, but so be it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, I was thinking I could get more money if I sold the 2 lenses on ebay, but 1) I didn't want to get into the hassle (I'm mostly a buyer on ebay rather than a seller) and 2) the buyer of the Nex-5 only agreed to that price if I included the lenses. Plus it was a local sale so no trouble for shipping etc.

Overall, I'm very happy with the outcome and I think I got myself a pretty sweet deal.

I was between the 6 or 7 but I ended up with the cheaper option available (The 7 was another 150euros more)

7. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I think you did great.

A silver 18-55 wouldn't be that easy to sell on eBay unless you discount the heck out of it, and between the eBay fees, PayPal fees, shipping fees and insurance fees, you're lucky to get 85% of sale price. And there's always a possibility of being scammed, or buyer changing his mind, claiming you misrepresented the goods, filing complaints with eBay, PayPal and credit card company, and you're left eating the shipping fees - somewhere along the way one of the three is bound to rule in his favor.

Congrats ! I love having flash and EVF on camera at all times.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ^^Exactly :thumbup:

9. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Shoulda, coulda, woulda... Hey, it's a new camera! It's all good!!! ;)

• Like Like x 1
  10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Wow, someone's had a bad Ebay experience.:p

11. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Luckily not. But I know a few people who did. And browsed some posts on eBay forums.

As a buyer, you have three routes to complain - eBay, PayPal, and c/c (if you use a credit card to pay through Paypal). All three are somewhat biased in favor of the buyer. As a seller, you don't have much recourse. Plus the fees are getting ridiculous. The prices on eBay are rarely as good lately as they are locally or on the forums.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk