NEX C3, what's my next move

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by davegore2005, Sep 18, 2014.

1. davegore2005

davegore2005 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 31, 2013
    When my wife bought me my NEX C3 it was my first ever 'proper' camera, I love it and use it as often as I can, but I think it may be the time to upgrade.

I have been looking at pre-owned or body only NEX 6's, and reading the reviews they seem to tick the boxes for me regarding performance and giving me some more input with my pictures, plus I like the idea of the EVF too.

I know there must be lots of NEX 6 owners here so any opinions, good or bad, would be greatly appreciated.

Dave

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Do it.

I was in the same boat as you last year. I made a stop at the F3, but soon landed on the 6. I love it and don't plan on upgrading anytime soon.

The A6000 is very similar, with a slightly better sensor and supposedly faster AF. Either way you can not go wrong.

3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Same here. Jumped from the 1st version Nex-5 (which after a while I felt it was missing much features) to a body-only Nex-6. Fell in love with it. At the beginning using it exclusively with my MF lenses, then made a turn and bought the Sony 18-105 G and haven't looked back ever since - I'm not thinking of buying more AF Sony lenses.

You can get amazing deals nowadays for used Nex-6's but to be honest I'd still buy new if I could (or even the A6000 since its not expensive for what you get). The Nex-6 though has been reported to have some issues (turning off and on by itself, not recognising lens etc)

4. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    seen some NEX6's body only for less than £300 which really ticks all the boxes for me as at the moment I am well sorted for lenses

Dave

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    About what I paid for mine.

As always, buying a used product has an element of risk, but Ebay has really stepped up their buyer protection and makes dealing with a deffective item easy.

6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, but not if the defect shows up say 2-3 months after the purchase ;) Unless you buy the warranty they now offer on some listings

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Well that is something different.

8. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I was fortunate to find a new-old-stock NEX-6 body from a camera store in Indiana, and had it shipped to me. They had two for about $350, and sold both the same day. I guess many of us were in the same boat - looking for a great body with EVF without wanting to spend a ton of money. The 6 is a great camera.

Tony

• Like Like x 1
  9. davegore2005

Jan 31, 2013
    $350 works out to about £220, what a steal

Dave

10. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Indeed, I was pleased to find it.