'NEX-C3 Review'

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Aug 9, 2011.

1. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    The eagle has landed.
  2. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Wasn't too bad a review but it could have been a little bit more detailed about the lenses and image quality though.

- Cheers, Macjim.
  3. BruPri

BruPri TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2011
    I'll start off by saying that I have frustratingly limited subject matter in my office so I'll only include a couple of pics for now.
    I have to say up front that I really like the C3 much better than the 5, here are a couple quick reasons,
    The power switch is much easier to access, the buttons and wheel are more solid feeling, the body is less boxy and feels way better in hand. Although the shutter is loud, it seems quieter in the lighter body and the improved manual focus assist along with peaking make it a perfect match for legacy glass. Orchid. Glass.
  4. macjim

Aug 10, 2011
    I see the twin kit lens is selling for £500 on amazon. Still have to pay the P&P on top of that but you might be able to persuade a camera shop to sell it at that price if he wants the sale.

- Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  5. Delhaye

Delhaye TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 19, 2011
    Manchester, UK
    I guess all the reviews say more or less the same things:
    - good improvement
    - not enough for those with a NEX-3
    - great image quality and high ISO results
    - extremely limited choice of lenses is still a big drawback...
  6. Melv

Melv TalkEmount Regular

Aug 13, 2011
    Rotherham, U.K.
    I see the NEX-C3 has got a good review at dpreview as well!
  7. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    It's interesting how so many people view a lack of NEX lenses as a reason to pass and how many others (such as myself) view the ability to use more or less ANY lens as a big incentive to own a NEX.......
  8. Penny

Penny TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    A thought has crossed my mind..will any of the New NEX cameras be available as body only?
    So far I haven't seen any even on the existing NEX 3 or 5.
    If 'we' have to buy the NEX 7 in particular with a kit lens or perhaps a 16mm lens how many will already have these particular lens?
    I have the 18-55mm and on order the 16mm lens the only other lens I would be interested in would be a decent micro but would rather wait until other manufactures start producing them withe E mount.
  9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    I shelved my NEX for MONTHS precisely due to lack of lenses.
    The only reason why I'm using it now is because of v4 firmware/LA-EA1 adapter and A-Mount primes...
  10. macjim

Aug 10, 2011
    Well, the new NEX-5n has been announced and that has made my mind up, I'm going for that rather than the NEX-C3 as it has an electronic viewfinder accessory, and a better sized grip too.

Cheers, Macjim.
  11. macjim

Aug 10, 2011
    Well, today, I traded in my Nikon D90 and ordered the NEX-5n in black with the twin lens kit. All I have to do now is wait for mine to come into stock hopefully soon.

Cheers, Macjim.