1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NEX-C3 or NEX-5 or 5N

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Sean Fangda Wang, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Sean Fangda Wang

Sean Fangda Wang New to TalkEmount

Sep 19, 2011
    Hello,

I'm a new member of talknex. As I mainly talk pictures on the go, I have always been concerned about the size, weight of the camera so I only use compact DCs. And I still do not have any interest in conventional SLR. However I started to realize that the quality of the small cameras are limited because of the sensor size and non-interchangeable lens.
    So I started to consider nex as my next camera but I cannot decide which one to buy.
    5N is apparently the best and lightest of the bunch but its more expensive.
    Can anyone tell me what is the main strength of 5N over C3 and 5,
    how is C3 compared to 5, cost performance wise.
    And which one do you recommend considering specs cost and size.

2. zx7dave

zx7dave TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 23, 2011
    Honolulu
    The 5 is outdated, I would consider the 3C first if you mainly point and shoot based on size and price. The 5N does offer you a few more options and another stop in the ISO range. I own the 5N and am quite happy with it. It is much larger than a pocket camera.

3. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Ha Ha. Very funny. As I head out with my four year old DSLR to take some pics.

4. Sheldon Bernick

Sheldon Bernick New to TalkEmount

Sep 25, 2011
    I was strongly looking at the Pan GF3 until I got my hands on the C3. It is very nice to handle and perfect for my upcoming trip to So. America