1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex and alphas for studio work

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Dec 1, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi all,
    for those that have used their nex and alpha cameras (APS-C) for studio work. I guess you have been using base iso to shoot and I was wondering what you do with the live view... since at base iso with the ambient light of the studio everything should look black through your viewfinder.

What do you do for that case?
    Regards
    Alex

2. OldNoob

OldNoob TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    My a6000 viewfinder cranks up the light sensitivity automatically and can illuminate the scene with very little light even though the ISO is set at 100. at a fast f-stop its actually brighter than if it were viewed through an optical viewfinder. At about f6 or slower the evf becomes a bit darker. ( with manual aperture lens)

3. michelb

michelb TalkEmount Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Greater Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
    Michel Brien
    Go to your main Menu and put the LiveView effect OFF. This way in any environment, the EVF will give you a "corrected for your environment" view. Not what the camera settings that are going to show you a black frame in dimly lit environments.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    Yup. I just turn off the live view effects.

5. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi,
    so if I get your right you might be preparing something to shoot at iso 100.. and the viewfinder showing your ambient light (just a 60w lamp) how it would look like to iso 3200.
    Is not that right?

Regards
    Alex