NEX (adventure camera)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Tony Drehfal, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Tony Drehfal

Tony Drehfal New to TalkEmount

Sep 30, 2011
    I regularly take wilderness backpack/canoe journeys including yearly paddles in Ontario's Quetico Provincial Park. The NEX system is on my radar, and I watch it's development.
    One feature that I hope that Sony would work at is a NEX weatherproof line, something similar to the small sensor Pentax, Panasonic, and Canon offerings.

That may not be a direction Sony will ever take. I still am interested in the NEX, and would look at how I would travel with the camera (waterproof case with the smallest profile to put in my Duluth pack).
    Lense size is something that I am am watching - and I would probably only trek with a small prime wide angle lense considering what is currently available.

Is anyone else drawn to the NEX for this kind of purpose?
  2. stakx

stakx TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 30, 2011
    Yes-- I'd like a model to have some weather sealing. Something small (like NEX) for backpacking would be a great. (Better than my P+S, but lighter and smaller than my Canon Rebel.)

I wonder how durable the NEX-7 is, and whether Sony can get weather sealing into the design. I wonder what the market is for such camera, though..