1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX 9 expected to announce on September.

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by 6so, Feb 21, 2013.

1. 6so

6so TalkEmount Regular

Nov 18, 2012
    wpid-Photo-Feb-19-2013-2018_zpse038d50c.
    A magazine scanned of 2013 camera roadmap.
    Some pretty cool indication of what to expect on coming months.

Attached Files:

2. Frank Teurlings

Frank Teurlings TalkEmount Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    What I hope are a few very good lenses with a focal length usable for me.

3. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    That magazine got EVERYTHING wrong. A Canon 3D? No. A Nikon D4X this year? No. What's a Nikon 2? NEX-F3R? Silly name - and they won't replace the 3N in just two months. DP4 Merril? Not as far as I've heard from Sigma. A Fuji X-Pro 2 AND X-E2? I don't think so - but this is at least possible.

I said a few times I don't get all this full frame hype ... But even then most things showed in this magazine page don't even remotely make sense.

4. Frank Teurlings

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    Paper is patient

5. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    Well. looks like the paper is pretty accurate to me so far. The D7100 announced today (last night) so it was a month early, the NEX-7n expected to be announced next month (paper mis-named it 7r but who cares), Canon 70D is expected probably in the next month...so I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss some of the predictions. Some maybe but I don't keep up on what other cameras or makers I'm uninterested in are doing so I couldn't really tell you. I just know the first three on the chart are showing true.

6. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    From what I understand that is just a fantasy roadmap that the magazine predicts will be the coming lineups from the major camera brands. They got the D7100 right but the NEX-3N came two months earlier than they thought (the F3R is clearly their placeholder number for the next 3-series). Much of the rest appears to simply be copy and pasted from last year's release schedule IIRC

What's Fuji's April offering? X-M1? Is that an entry-level Fuji? There must be substance to this to hazard a guess on a completely new line of camera from them. The X20 looks delicious as a compact backup, I only wish it had a bigger sensor.

7. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Oh yeah, and they didn't have a clue about the A58.

8. Frank Teurlings

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
    A quote from sonyAlpha Rumors 19-02-2013: I keep getting short updates about the next Sony A58. Not only will it be the first camera using the new generation Sony sensor (with 1 stop improvement) and a new autofocus system. It will also have a completely new OLED viewfinder. Got no info about what’s so new on that EVF. I hope sources can tell me more about this after reading this post! Thanks!

That little A58 sounds every day more interesting! And keep in mind, the announcement is scheduled for Monday February 25. Likely at around 6-8 am in the morning London time. So be sure to be online on SAR by that time! Will make a live coverage of the event!

9. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Are you being sarcastic or do you really not know that the A58 already is introduced in Europe (and will follow in the US on monday)?

(Continually updated) Sony A58 and NEX-3n officially announced! And new A-mount lenses too! | sonyalpharumors

10. Frank Teurlings

Dec 10, 2012
    Netherlands
  11. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I never intended to offend you. It just sounded weird that you quoted a rumor from SAR - the same place the A58 got some posts just a few days ago.

12. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Actually, I referred to the a58 in the announcement thread about the new nex3n or whatever it's called.