• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Nex 7 with a Canon FD 100-300 L lens.

davev

New to TalkEmount
New here, thought I'd post a couple of pics.

I'm mostly a wildlife shooter, and for that you need long lenses.
The Nex system had be handcuffed a bit by only having a 200mm max on their native lenses.
Then I found the adapters.
I started using some of my old FD lenses, and after having fun with those, I found a great Canon 100-300L on line.
Pairing that with an old FD doubler form the early 80's, or on it's own, and I've been having some fun.

On to some pics.

With the doubler at the bird feeder.

---            

---            

A little bit down the road at the pond.

---            

A couple of fox kits in the morning when the den was shaded.

---            

A bit later in the day.

---            

Thanks for looking.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
man, welcome, and let me congratulate you are very good photos, crisp, I love the photos of wildlife, like I needed a longer zoom and I found the 55-210mm, helped me a lot and I like, I hope more lenses come out for the nex, congratulations again and good photos, so I see you have a great control to manual focus.

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wonderful shots Davev, all of them - and welcome to the forum!

Wow a 100-300mm with a doubler! So max would be 600mm x1.5 NEX factor = 900mm! Nice! :)

davect01

Super Moderator
Real Name
Dave
Looks like a great lens. I had a fixed 300 and it was a bit hard to get clear shots.

A lot of wildlife in your area.

davev

New to TalkEmount
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys.

Getting good shots with this combo means I need to be upwards of 1/800 of a second.
I found later that because of the doubler taking up 2 stops of light, it's easier to get the
shot without using it, and just crop it appropriately.

Most of these shots were also taken while I was sitting, it makes it a bit easier.

Top Bottom