1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nex 7 - video - colour issues

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by offsetvideo, May 10, 2014.

1. offsetvideo

offsetvideo New to TalkEmount

May 10, 2014
    Hi

Can anyone help me with this issue? When filming with my NEX 7 there is a strange shift in hue/colour when moving the camera. Please see the video - if you look at the green grass there is a difference in colour from when the camera is still to when it is moving

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdFenFy0k4k

Exposure is in fully manual mode

Custom white balance

Manual focus

Steady shot off

I have tried different lenses - SEL1820, SEL1855

All lens compensation turned off

Have updated firmware from 1.00 to 1.03

Does anyone have a NEX 7 they could try this on? I am trying to work out if the NEX 7 is really bad for video or if I have a faulty camera.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    What metering mode are you using? If it's on Spot that could be your problem. That's just a guess though, I don't do video.

And BTW- welcome to the forum. :)

3. offsetvideo

May 10, 2014
    Hi Bimjo
    Thanks for the reply. Metering mode is not available on manual focus so I do not think that will be an issue. I have been out this morning and tried every setting I can find on the camera. Every different shooting mode, frame rate, and anything else I could think of.

I think it is a fault with the camera. I have raised a support ticket with Sony. I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks, Tristan

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Metering modes indeed ARE available when using manual focus (everything else would just render the camera useless), it's not available in manual exposure. Are you in manual mode? If not, try it - it should fix the problem. If you already were in manual mode, it indeed could be a problem with the camera.

5. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I use nothing but legacy Canon FD lenses in Aperture mode on my NEX-7s, and agree, the camera body meters whatever light is coming in thru a given aperture and sets shutter accordingly, taking ISO into consideration as it does so.
    I've recently started into video and have shot about a dozen outdoor / wildlife related videos but haven't noticed the problem you're referring to.

6. offsetvideo

May 10, 2014
    Yep I am shooting in fully manual exposure. Everything that I can find that is automatic is switched off. Looks like I might have a faulty camera.