• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

NEX-7 User Experiences - Post links here

Melv

TalkEmount Regular
Hmm! As much as I would like to buy the NEX-7 ASAP, perhaps I should stick with my -5 and buy the Zeiss 24/1.8 first?:confused:

adanac

TalkEmount Regular
So the X100 offers a little more detail in the trunk shadows in that shot; the NEX-7 a little more contrasty with the Zeiss 24 f/1.8. I tend to prefer the Zeiss, probably because I like the background rendering more.

I wonder if Huff had some of the dynamic range features on the X100 turned on.

rishio

TalkEmount Rookie

adanac

TalkEmount Regular
The Tease…The first Sony NEX-7 Samples with the Zeiss 24 1.8 and 50 1.8! | STEVE HUFF PHOTOS

Leica 50 Summitar at F/2 – I have to say, shooting the NEX-7 and Ricoh GXR M A12 Module side by side, the Sony wins for usability, high ISO, and seems equal in IQ with less noise. Shooting M glass on the NEX is SO enjoyable due to the brilliant EVF and peaking. Both of which are better than the GXR. That is no question. But I will need to shoot much more to see the reality of the IQ difference and plan on doing so all weekend.

Bugleone

TalkEmount Veteran
I have to say that I find the huff pix very disappointing,...one would fairly expect better performance from the NEX7 compared to x100, in view of twice the pixels and much better/serious design.

.....last Saturday I examined the x100 'dentistflex' for the first time in a branch of John Lewis,...VERY poor quality, feel, design and ergonimics for a £1000 camera,...reminiscent of a cheap and tinny canonette type point and shoot from the 60's/70's.....The Olympus 'Trip' was a nicer item! Personally, I fail to see how anyone can compare it to a Leica unless they have not seen either camera first hand.

I also saw the pentax Q1 stupidity,...there appears to be a tiresome trend to sell camera using the 'Oh! it looks so cute' mode of marketing.....

adanac

TalkEmount Regular
The X100 will appeal to some and not to others. I must say it was the most fun digital camera I've used in a while; I didn't mind its quirks, and it was interesting to witness first hand that subjects - planned or otherwise - seemed much more comfortable in its presence as compared to hauling out a DSLR.

The bottom line is the X100 produces very high quality output. I expect the NEX-7 to not disappoint in this regard either, but neither will it be offer a panacea. Double the resolution won't mean double the apparent visual quality. I'd be ok with similar image quality, but an improved ability to get higher levels of detail out of some subjects.

Huff takes shots that appeal to him; they may not be the best demo of what the camera can do all the time, but then again, do all of us shoot test charts for fun? I'm just glad to see the camera in the hands of more people.

In a month, I'll post photos of my own from my NEX-7, if there are no delays in shipping.

Latest threads

Top Bottom