NEX-7 prices drop lightning fast

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Poki, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    So, the NEX-7 in europe now costs about 850€, compared to the 799 of the NEX-6. Two weeks ago it was almost impossible to find below 1049. I still don't have the money to buy it as I have to buy the iPhone 5 (my old iPhone died a few weeks ago), but which one would you take if they'd cost the same? And do you think the prices will drop even more?

I would take the better design, Tri-navi controls and 24MP sensor of the NEX-7 any day over the improved focusing system and apps of the NEX-6.
  2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    I had that same dilemma but I'll take the fewer, cleaner mp, quick Navi, universal hotshoe, potential better AF and wifi at the lower price. Actually I'm starting to pine for that camera like crazy, the 5N doesn't feel on par with my GX-1 shooting experience, though the IQ more than make up for that, reason I ditched m4/3 and kept the NEX despite the lower handling performance. Now the 6 is impatiently awaited !!
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Probably because original price of the 7 is just so ridiculously expensive. It's a nice camera and I would love to have it, but not at the original price point.