1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX-7 is 'Most Desirable Camera on the Planet' according to The Online Photographer

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
  2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Reading all these reviews is really pushing my expectations from this camera upwards. Specially the article from the online photographer placing the NEX-7 above the Leica S2 as the "most desirable camera on the planet", that's a very bold statement comparing the NEX-7 to a $40,000 camera.

3. jfazer

jfazer TalkEmount Regular

Dec 1, 2011
    Spain
    If I won the lottery this Christmas... Dreaming is free...

4. jebuskrust

jebuskrust TalkEmount Regular

Sep 16, 2011
    Limassol, Cyprus
    Im so glad being in the NEX wagon...

5. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yeah, this really makes one think to be jumped on the right wagon ... :)

6. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I may not have a NEX 7 but I have got to admit that I have been bowled over by my NEX-C3. I appreciate all my cameras and each has their place but the NEX with its combination of stellar IQ and (in my case) ability to use my old MF glass has been an absolute blast to use. I look forward to more of it...and I can definitely see a NEX7 or whatever follows it sitting in my camera bag at some point. Now, if only a lens like the Panasonic 14 or 20 came out for the NEX...that would be cool.

7. Ray Vardy

Ray Vardy TalkEmount Regular

I love my C3, I just need to learn how to use it!

8. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    I would not pay 40 k, having the nex, I hope to save more money for these months, I can't wait for the nex,like a kid waiting for a candy, commentaries and publications are increasing, an ideal camera.

When I first laid my eyes on her, i was impressed with the best EVF I had ever seen.Thailand floods,I did take a quick descicion by nex5n but I do not regret, I am very happy with it.

9. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Personally,
    The NEX-7 is not my most desireable camera....but hey, I'm only one guy! ;)
    That being said, your post above reflects a perception (albeit a perception by me) that NEX products aren't appreciated/respected as they should be. When their long term e-Mount lenses start coming online, I think that more individuals will give Sony a serious look.

10. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    While the NEX-7 is very cool, exciting and innovative, thats a bold statement to make.

11. Jaladhi Pujara

Jaladhi Pujara New to TalkEmount

Aug 28, 2011
    I just had to respond to this old thread since I am now shooting with this exact combination. All bought used recently to save some money. It is still an expensive kit but all of it together cost me far less than the new Sony RX-1. I think the 50mm lens in particular is an under appreciated lens. It has a great character and it is optically stabilized.

A few requisite samples:

[​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG][/url]
    [​IMG][/url]

12. JimR

JimR TalkEmount Regular

Mar 28, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Jim
    That 50 is one I have to get. Well, the 24 also but that's hard on the pocketbook.

13. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Get the upcoming 35 instead :cool:

14. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I blame this article for the Hasselblad Lunar