NEX-7 is 'Most Desirable Camera on the Planet' according to The Online Photographer

Phoenix

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Phoenix Gonzales
Reading all these reviews is really pushing my expectations from this camera upwards. Specially the article from the online photographer placing the NEX-7 above the Leica S2 as the "most desirable camera on the planet", that's a very bold statement comparing the NEX-7 to a $40,000 camera.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Yeah, this really makes one think to be jumped on the right wagon ... :)

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I may not have a NEX 7 but I have got to admit that I have been bowled over by my NEX-C3. I appreciate all my cameras and each has their place but the NEX with its combination of stellar IQ and (in my case) ability to use my old MF glass has been an absolute blast to use. I look forward to more of it...and I can definitely see a NEX7 or whatever follows it sitting in my camera bag at some point. Now, if only a lens like the Panasonic 14 or 20 came out for the NEX...that would be cool.

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
I would not pay 40 k, having the nex, I hope to save more money for these months, I can't wait for the nex,like a kid waiting for a candy, commentaries and publications are increasing, an ideal camera.

When I first laid my eyes on her, i was impressed with the best EVF I had ever seen.Thailand floods,I did take a quick descicion by nex5n but I do not regret, I am very happy with it.

RT_Panther

TalkEmount Veteran
I may not have a NEX 7 but I have got to admit that I have been bowled over by my NEX-C3. I appreciate all my cameras and each has their place but the NEX with its combination of stellar IQ and (in my case) ability to use my old MF glass has been an absolute blast to use. I look forward to more of it...and I can definitely see a NEX7 or whatever follows it sitting in my camera bag at some point. Now, if only a lens like the Panasonic 14 or 20 came out for the NEX...that would be cool.
Personally,
The NEX-7 is not my most desireable camera....but hey, I'm only one guy! ;)
That being said, your post above reflects a perception (albeit a perception by me) that NEX products aren't appreciated/respected as they should be. When their long term e-Mount lenses start coming online, I think that more individuals will give Sony a serious look.

Jaladhi Pujara

New to TalkEmount
The NEX-7 plus Zeiss 24/1.8 and Sony 50/1.8 looks to be a formidable small kit!
I just had to respond to this old thread since I am now shooting with this exact combination. All bought used recently to save some money. It is still an expensive kit but all of it together cost me far less than the new Sony RX-1. I think the 50mm lens in particular is an under appreciated lens. It has a great character and it is optically stabilized.

A few requisite samples:

Become a member for free to remove site ads and see EXIF info for images.
[/url]
[/url]
[/url]

JimR

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
That 50 is one I have to get. Well, the 24 also but that's hard on the pocketbook.

Latest posts

Top Bottom