1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NEX-7.....Happened across a discovery that surprised me

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by roundball, Sep 9, 2014.

1. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Some new NEX-7s have begun to appear on Amazon again and their prices are way back up there around $1100...I assume continued demand vs. declining supply has driven the prices back up.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Wow, good to know. Maybe I should try and sell mine - catch the spike for once.

... except I kind of like having it around.

3. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    It would be hard for me to part with my 7

4. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Same here...outstanding results for my needs and more capability than I have.

5. fractal

fractal TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    They're going for about $500 used on ebay (body only).

6. Bill

Bill TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill
    It's easy to forget what a splash the NEX-7 made at the time. DXO Mark sensor scores show that at its introduction there were only 7 cameras with better sensor scores, and four of those were medium format. Of the remaining 3 cameras only one (the Nikon D3x, with a score of 88) beat it by more than one point. (The NEX-7 had a score of 81.)

Mine is working just fine and I think it's got quite a bit more life in it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Edward Neal

Edward Neal New to TalkEmount

Dec 28, 2013
    exactly - just because there are newer options does not necessarily mean it is time to throw away my NEX-7. I love it as much today as the day I got it, and with my tout 32mm f/1.8 it can still challenge and even beat many of the most current offerings - for my needs at this point I think I might have finally found a digital camera I wont need to replace for a long time. Its like the film days where I kept cameras for many years - I can't imagine a camera producing images enough better where it would ever show in any of my framed prints

8. Bill

Bill TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill
    Funny you should mention. "Holding on" is the topic of my latest post on my blog: http://www.billdanby.com

I have the Touit 32mm as well. What a great lens.

9. 24cal

24cal New to TalkEmount

Jun 1, 2014
    West Sussex, England
    Agree with you entirely. Wonderful camera, great evf and outstanding image quality. I can't see me changing for some time

10. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    It would be nice to see a true NEX-7 update eventually. Something with the more sophisticated interface and best available EVF. All those Zeiss APS-C e-mount lenses deserve it.