1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex 7 Delivery

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by William Kramer, Oct 24, 2011.

1. William Kramer

William Kramer TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 11, 2011
    Still no email from Sony saying that the delivery date has been changed from Nov 9. I'm hoping that they have a number of the bodies already in the shipping process that were made before the floods. I would think that Sony would already know that the Nov 9th date could not be met and would notify everyone accordingly.

2. adanac

adanac TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    They must now know exactly how many cameras are available for delivery but they may not yet have figured out how they are going to allocate them around the world or to certain markets.

I'm hoping they let us know before November turns the corner how things are going to play out for pre-ordered cameras.

3. lapdog99

lapdog99 TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 3, 2011
    Colorado
    Water near the SONY sign near the top of the building, 3-6 months?

I certainly feel for the people impacted by the flood. With respect to the NEX-7, I had previously returned my NEX-5N with the
    "clicking" problem and decided to exchange for an NEX-7. Now it appears it will be a long wait. By the time I would have added
    an EVF to the NEX-5, the small difference to upgrade to the 7 seemed to make sense, especially with the "lube to reduce" response
    by SONY on the 5N. I can only hope a few 7s arrive, but I suspect this is a large, container ship all or nothing situation.

4. macjim

macjim TalkEmount Regular

Aug 10, 2011
    Don't hold your breath on that one as we NEX-5N owners in the uk are still waiting on Sony uk to tell us what they're going to do about the clicking problem, Sony USA have at least made a decision.

Cheers, Macjim.

5. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Sony USA is still pushing the NEX-7 review units to the press (I know because I work with a press reviewer who just took delivery of a NEX-7 review unit today) but there is conflicting word from different teams at Sony about the current state of NEX-7 production. Some sources say that there will only be a minor delay while other sources claim we won't see the NEX-7 shipping in volume until January or February of 2012.

In short, be content with the camera(s) you have now. If you "need" a new camera before the end of this year then you "might" need to consider buying something else ... if the NEX-7 doesn't ship in volume until Q1 2012. :(

6. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Just back from HK where there is no sign of the NEX-7. I would have thought that given how much advertising Sony imaging is doing in HK (only Canon have the same advertising presence) the NEX-7 would be featuring heavily at this point. That might suggest that they are not anticipating an arrival time anytime soon.

I talked to the people at a couple of Sony stores I visited and neither had any firm idea when the NEX-7 would be coming - I don't think they were being coy about it. Again, if it were coming in the next week or two I would have though they would have been aware of it so they could get the displays ready.

It was interesting that Sony in HK is pushing cameras so hard. In the stores I visited (and presumably in all the stores) the three most prominent displays were for the NEX-C3 and 5N (with an emphasis on the 5N), the A65 and A77 (the latter I would have bought on the spot if I had the money) and the new Sony S2 tablet. The large scale advertising - as in the entire side of a building or the length of a Metro wall - was all for cameras, both the NEX's and the A65/77.

7. adanac

adanac TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    Noted around the internet today, a report from a staff meeting at one Sony country subsidiary that they still don't have a good handle on how they will allocate what NEX-7 production there is to ship. I'd also seen one estimate that *may* have some credibility that there were roughly two hundred thousand cameras produced before the factory production was halted. Whether they all left the factory is probably another mater entirely.

And this spotted via a posting at DPReview: Tokyo Temporarily Takes in Thai Workers

No mention of Sony there.

First deliveries in North America were supposed to start within the next 5 - 15 days, so one way or another some news from Sony must be imminent.

8. Josef Tornick

Josef Tornick New to TalkEmount

Nov 3, 2011
    FWIW, an Amazon pre-order of the Nex-7 with kit lens from sept. 28 is supposed to still ship.... " As of now we have the delivery time frame between Nov 16, 2011 - Nov 21, 2011 for the item." - this from customer service supervisor......

9. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    I contacted Sony Australia (just to inquire as I'm planning to purchase mine elsewhere) and they have confirmed that the NEX-7 release date for oz is delayed until next year due to the disruption in production.

10. William Kramer

Sep 11, 2011
    Got an email from Sonystyle.com that my Nex 7 will be shipped on Nov 11.

11. William Kramer

Sep 11, 2011
    Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.
    We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order. The following item NEX7/B has been rescheduled to ship on 11/11/2011.
    Tracking information will be sent via email once your order ships. This number will also be available within the order history in your Sony Account. If you are unable to continue waiting we encourage you to visit our website or call 1-866-337-7669 to work with a Sony sales representative to find an alternative product that will meet your needs.
    We appreciate your understanding and thank you for choosing Sony!
    Sincerely,

Sony Customer Care
    SonyStyle.com
    :eek:

12. storyteller

storyteller TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2011
    Jealous. Enjoy and post lots of photos here!

13. Pelao

Pelao TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 8, 2011
    Can't wait to hear what you think of it...

14. William Kramer

Sep 11, 2011
    And now this email from Sony

Thank you for your recent Sony purchase.
    We would like to inform you we are experiencing a delay with your Sony order.
    Due to the flood in Thailand and the direct damage to Sony’s manufacturing facilities resulting from the flood, Sony is not able to meet the original delivery schedule that we shared with you when you ordered the NEX-7 camera. It is our highest priority to launch the NEX-7 as soon as possible and we would like to update you bi-weekly beginning Monday, November 21st until we can confirm the new intended shipping date. As a reminder, pursuant to your pre-order terms, your charge will not place until the order is shipped.
    We apologize for this unforeseeable situation and thank you for your continued support. You are going to love your NEX-7 camera!
    Sincerely,

Sony Customer Care

Don't know why they sent the previous email on Nov 4th with a shipping date of Nov 11th. Someone at Sony is asleep at the wheel.