1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex 6

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by BJW, Feb 28, 2014.

1. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    Noticed the NEX 6 is now down to $599.00. That's quite a drop. Has me wondering if I would regret not waiting for the 6000? For what I would use it for I don't need the fastest focusing and 16 MP's is no more than I need. Decisions, decisions...
    Bruce

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I bought my 6 just a few months ago and don't regret it at all.

The A6000 is an enticing new camera. You really have to make the personal choice if its worth the wait and few extra bucks.

Either way you won't go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  3. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    The A6000 means waiting, but it may be smart to wait a while as well before buying a NEX-6. Prices will drop further when the last 6's will be on sale and used NEX-6 prices will plummet further once the A6000 is available.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Azon

Azon TalkEmount Regular

Jul 31, 2013
    If you have something to capture with better image quality that cannot wait and you'll regret in the future that you didn't- go for nex6 it's a great camera, if no rush wait 2 months it's not too long...

• Like Like x 1
  5. clockwork247

clockwork247 TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 31, 2012
    I would wait for the A6000, I rather get that one than the 6, the 6 has the older 16MP, it's a great sensor but w/e, it's older, slower focus (although everyone is manual focusing on these NEX so it's not a big deal). I rather get the A6000 body only (will probably be 600 bucks even when it's launch or soon after). The 16-50 kit lens while is very nice looking, is a dime a dozen after they keep releasing it, no worries about picking that one up down the road for less than 100 (they're sitting at 150-170 right now which is a drop from the 250 they were at before).

and as someone said, the 6 will drop like a rock after the 6000 release, it's a no brainer, sony camera don't hold value well, I'm assuming if you're on this forum you already have a camera to use, just keep at it, no need for a new body NOW.

• Like Like x 1
  6. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    Yea clockwork247, I predominately use a DSLR but want the 6000 as a walk around camera. Wanted something with good IQ and small enough to carry. Actually I'll probably use the kit lens, it pretty much fits my needs for what I shoot when walking. I'm not a big fan of fixed lenses although I do on occasion use them on the DSLR. Not certain if I'll get an adapter to mount the legacy glass on the 6000.
    Bruce

7. clockwork247

clockwork247 TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 31, 2012
    NEX 6 and 7 are kindda high end with a lot of perks, if you're just walking around, I'd even go with the 5 series with the EVF add on or some cheap m3/4 with EVF. No need to pop 600 bucks on an NEX 6.

8. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    Well to be honest the A 6000 pretty much ticks off all the correct boxes for what I'm looking for as a walk around and small camera. One that fits into a jacket pocket and has EVF built in. Must be from years ago when I loved my Leica rangefinders. The m3/4 simply don't interest me. But I certainly appreciate you responding and thank you!
    Bruce

9. JSL

JSL New to TalkEmount

Mar 3, 2014
    SoCal, USA
    personally I try not to look at just prices too much when it comes to tech items or cameras

I also look at other factors..

1) is it in my budget?
    2) does it have everything i need?
    3) do I need it now?

because so many times people wait a week or 2.. and then regret not having that item to capture memories you will NEVER get back..

Well that is my way of thinking/justifying my purchases... lol if i look at all the price drops constantly you will never buy anything hahaha

10. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Do not wait, start taking shots today. Camera is not that important anyway. Anytime I see how bad my shots are I never think that is the camera (that would be the ideal btw)

11. BJW

BJW TalkEmount Regular

Sep 30, 2011
    USA
    Bruce
    I have cameras so I'm already taking shots. This is an addition to my others.
    Thanks!
    Bruce