1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NEX 6 with Leica Summilux 50/1.4

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by stevelee, May 10, 2013.

1. stevelee

stevelee New to TalkEmount

May 9, 2013
    Got my new NEX 6 a few days ago and added an adapter for my Leica lenses. Very nice with the focus peaking.

I know they're only static flowers but they look OK for a first go.

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Any chance of seeing full-size samples? I've never seen samples of Leica lenses on a NEX so far!

3. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    Wow. Those are very nice.

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Very nice. If I could afford them… ;)

5. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    Very nice!

NEX6 users, is the level of shimmering (for focus peeking) the same on the EVF vs. LCD?

In my period of NEX7 ownership, the shimmering was more pronounced on the LCD than via the EVF. It was like that for me, no matter what level of shimmering I set, or the color.

6. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I believe that the effect is the same for all the NEX EVFs. Because the EVF is a higher resolution device than the LCD is shows less of the focus peaking effect regardless of settings.

7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    ^^x2

:thumbup:

8. stevelee

May 9, 2013
    Too kind. These pics were taken whilst out with the dogs this afternoon. No preparation, just snaps really. For me they show the future potential of this easy to use high quality camera. I have a few more of these lenses as I predominantly use a Leica Monochrom. Clearly I needed a camera for colour. The NEX 6 is it.

9. kaptnkain

kaptnkain TalkEmount Regular

Feb 4, 2013
    Ilya
    The LCD is lower resolution than the EVF, and the Focus Peaking function is pixel based - it does not take into account resolution. You see the same amount of pixel lighting up in the EVF as on the LCD, it's just the pixels are physically bigger on the LCD.

10. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    I guess that explains why the shimmering doesn't seem as pronounced on the EVF. Thanks!!

11. Jefenator

Jefenator TalkEmount Top Veteran

Nov 23, 2012
    Oregon, USA
    Jeff
    Could just be me but it seems like the renderings have an almost paint-like quality - particularly in the last frame.

12. stevelee

May 9, 2013
    I think it's the out of focus areas that present as painterly. The 1.4 has a very limited depth of field at this close distance so not much is in focus.

Here's another one taken today with the NEX 6, same lens.

DSC00075.