Nex 6 vs Nex 5T ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Nievesgirl, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Nievesgirl

Nievesgirl TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Hi everyone ,

is there going to be a big difference between the two ? I looked at specs and it looks like no viewfinder , touch screen , and more film options for the 5T. All feedback welcome.

2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Sounds about right. But, for me at least, no viewfinder = no sale. In bright sunlight, no LCD that I've ever seen can do the job.

3. Fiddler

Fiddler TalkEmount Regular

Mar 8, 2012
    Edinburgh
    Colin
    The EVF is the decider for me. It's so much nicer to have one.

4. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    I agree. My GF has the F3 and that is the only fault I see on it.

5. Nievesgirl

Nievesgirl TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    SoCal
    Good point Woodworks ! I forget with LCD screens you can not see it if its bright outside.
    Ok This was easier than I thought. I will just stick with the Nex-6 I am trying to decide what lenses to get. I am getting this camera for macro and causal shooting nothing that would require a telephoto or long zoom lens.

PS
    Late last night I came across the Canon SL1 ( I think that is the model) Looks appealing since I already have canon lenses. I looked at the pictures produced and was not too impressed. Some times I wonder are the people who post samples know how to take pictures or are the images really that bad :p

I am very itchy right now ha ! I want to buy the sony 6 asap but want to find best deal possible and make sure this is the one. I am selling off some of my dads equipment to buy one.

6. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    Don't forget that with the NEX-6 you will be able to use almost every lens you currently own. Almost all of the adapters are very reasonable in price - although you may lose autofocus (and aperture control in some cases). If you look around this site, you will find a number of excellent images that were taken with older manual-focus lenses.

In regard to NEX-6 price, you will get a very competitive price from B&H Photo, which is one of the advertisers here. (Click through from their link here, so this site gets a commission at no extra cost to you.) Since you are out of state, there will be no sales tax, and B&H is also currently providing a 2% credit toward future purchases.

- Tom -