NEX 6 to NEX 7....

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by John D., Oct 20, 2013.

1. John D.

John D. TalkEmount Regular

Oct 7, 2013
    I only got my NEX 6 a few weeks ago - and I liked it a lot..! The pics show great color depth and sharpness across the board. It's light to carry - and found I was using it daily as a backup to my Nikon prime systems. Simply an awesome camera! BUT - I always second guessed myself whether I should have sprung for an NEX 7..?

So, Friday - I was cruising Amazon for the A7R, and for laughs and giggles - looked at the "used" prices for the NEX 7. What I found was a "used - like new" NEX 7 with the kit lens for the exact same price I paid for the NEX 6 - in other words, just shy of $800. It was listed as "might be repackaged" - so I figured it would come in a brown paper bag with a few dents/dings and scratches - and was ready to return it, expecting the worst... But - NOT AT ALL! Rather...

What arrived Saturday at 10:21 AM (I only ordered it at 6:30 PM Friday - and opted for Sat Delivery at a "whopping $8"??"!!) was a PRISTINE NEX 7! No dings, no dents - AND in the original Sony NEX 7 packaging - including everything. And I mean *everything* - DVD, papers, lens & body covers, charger, lint cloth, blah.. In fact - it looks 100% "new"!....

Spent yesterday afternoon today and today shooting with the NEX 7 - and it is simply amazing. With my Nikon glass & the Fotodiox Lens Adapter or my Sony lenses - the RAW files are incredible, as are the JPEGs...

Anyway - I just thought I'd post this - as I'm a very "happy camper"... As for my NEX 6, I gave that to my wife as a present today given that she used her iPhone camera rather then a Nikon body I gave her as it was "too big and too confusing" for her, and she rarely used it given it's size, bulk and confusing buttons (for her). And she loves her new NEX 6! She took it on her hike today in the woods with our dogs - and came home telling me she wished she'd had a camera like that years ago...

Thanks to all for reading - and I'm loving these NEX systems.. They are incredible..

John

• Like Like x 3
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Congrats on the upgrade. :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Ah the ultimate dilemma - Nex-6 vs Nex-7 :D
    Both have some pros and some cons comparing them together but having both is the best solution I guess, lol :p

Having said that, I'd be happy with either - Congrats on the new purchase ;)

• Like Like x 1