1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX 6 screen timeout

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by jcdoss, Jul 31, 2013.

1. jcdoss

jcdoss TalkEmount Regular

Jul 6, 2013
    Is there a way to lengthen the time the screen stays on? Im still playing with the new camera and some manual focus lenses, and the screen seems to like shutting down prematurely.

Sent from my MB855 using TalkNEX mobile app

2. jcdoss

Jul 6, 2013
    Does no one else using legacy lenses have this problem?

3. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I have a 5N, not a 6, but if I put the camera in remote control mode the screen stays on all the time because it is waiting for a signal from the remote. Eats up battery life though.

4. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Well, I can't say that I ever have. But then, I use the viewfinder almost all of the time, and as long as my eye is up against the viewfinder, it doesn't ever shut off.

Could it be that the eye sensor is shutting down your LCD because it senses a nearby object (like your hand), and it's not actually timing out on its own?

5. jcdoss

Jul 6, 2013
    I will admit I've found myself using the screen more than I thought I would already.

I just tried it again... keeping the eye to the viewfinder keeps it on a good long time, but trying to use the rear LCD, it shuts off after about 10-15 seconds. I have found so far that I switch back and forth from screen to viewfinder, so preventing this while manual focusing is kind of an issue.