1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex-6 Screen Protector options

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by chucka, Apr 8, 2013.

1. chucka

chucka TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 5, 2013
    Fort Worth TX
    I did a search and didn't find much on the nex-6 screen protector.

Was wondering what you guys/gals are using to protect the screen of your 6.

I would like to get a Sony branded protector, but don't want to order one that doesn't fit correctly since there are more than 1 available, and none seem to say nex-6 on them. I'm also new to the NEX world so I can't really compare to the other models screens.

TIA

2. Rich

Rich TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Salisbury UK
    Richard
    I got a Sony screen protector for my 6 here in the UK. I think the bloke in the shop said that it also fitted a couple of the other models of NEX. Unfortunately I have thrown the box away so I cant tell you which ones.

Your high street Sony dealer should be able to tell you. Failing that contact Sony. I'm sure someone around here will have the answer though.

3. radimere

radimere TalkEmount Regular

Apr 2, 2013
  4. josema

josema TalkEmount Regular

Mar 31, 2013
    Spain
    Jose M. Alonso
  5. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    I'm using this one. Fits perfectly on the NEX-6 though it's not mentioned in the specification.

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    NEX 6 screen | eBay

7. chucka

chucka TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 5, 2013
    Fort Worth TX
    thanks for the link, but I was wondering what others were using. I have done plenty of ebay, google and amazon searches. just wanted opinions of what others were using before I ordered.

8. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
  9. dejavu2339

dejavu2339 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    I had a larmor ggs one for 14 dolar from ebay.. i take it.today tomorrow i will aply it to my screen... I will share my arguement here.. see you

10. chucka

chucka TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 5, 2013
    Fort Worth TX
    I'm thinking about ordering the same one. Please let us know and post pics if you can

11. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I'm using a Zagg Invisible Shield protector. I use them on my phones, my tablet, my gps...they're awesome and work great.

12. chucka

chucka TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 5, 2013
    Fort Worth TX
    i've used zagg on phones, but would think the "orange peel" feel would distort images on the screen. any chance of taking a pic of yours with the screen on?

13. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    There is some orange peel for sure, but I don't think it really effects the image on the screen...it's hard to capture in a photo but here's an attempt...

NEX6orangepeel_zps86adeb41.

NEX6orangepeel1_zpscc248658.

14. lowbone

lowbone TalkEmount Regular

Oct 21, 2012
    I bought the Vello hard protector from B&H. It goes on easily and I don't see any difference in reflectivity or distortion then when the screen was bare.

15. dejavu2339

dejavu2339 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    I bought larmor but ite adhesion not very well at two corner

16. chucka

chucka TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 5, 2013
    Fort Worth TX
    Ended up buying this one from amazon here
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006BGSYXC/ref=ya_aw_oh_pit
    Like you said. Easy to install. And it looks great.
    Only thing I don't care for is the writing on it. But I would rather see that than scratches on the screen.

null_zpse1e1c149.

17. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    We have street vendors all over the place selling screen protectors for mobile phones. They cut them to the appropriate size and put them on. I use these. They're very cheap $1-$2 and protect the screen from scratches and help with glare. I consider them disposable and whenever I feel like it, I get a new one put on.

18. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    Yes, I was just buying cell phone screen protectors from eBay and cutting them to fit camera screen, cheap and easy. Just make sure they are the soft type, not the thicker ones as these are harder to apply.

19. Javcky

Javcky TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 17, 2012