1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NEX-6 + RF 603 II + Olympus FL 36 = Flash is not firing

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by dks_darkness, Feb 6, 2015.

1. dks_darkness

dks_darkness TalkEmount Rookie

Nov 1, 2013
    Hi community

Finally my YONGNUO RF 603-II radio triggers have arrived. First I mounted my Olympus FL36 (Manual Mode ON) flash on one transmitter and set it to TRX mode. After, I set the other transmitter to TR. I push the button to test and it worked fine.

After the testing, I mount the TX transmitter on my NEX-6. Set flash mode to "fill mode" and I took a picture. Unlucky, flash didn't fire.

Any ideas? Help is much appreciated!

Regards

2. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Does the flash fire when you place it on top of camera? Possible problem is no contact problem between transmitter and body. It is easy to check by using felt tip pen and blackening contacts in transmitter and hot shoe. Insert transmitter several times and you see if central pin makes contact and side terminals do.

3. dks_darkness

Nov 1, 2013
    Hi xXx1,

Yes, when I mount the flash on the camera, it fires.

I've seen that, when I take a picture with the flash transmitter on the camera, the transmitter lights a green light. But when I do the test, the transmitter lights a red light.

Maybe the connection between camera and transmitter is not good??

4. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    Try to set the transmitter and receiver into different modes, there are four combinations. I doubt that there is connecting issue.

5. dks_darkness

Nov 1, 2013
    I've tried them in all positions and they didn't work :(

Also, I've tried on a Nikon & Canon camera and they neither worked, so it must be a connection issue.

I'm run out of ideas

6. dks_darkness

Nov 1, 2013
    Hi everyone!

I did a test on a Canon Camera and them worked!. I don't know why.... it is supposed to be universal!

Any way, any of you can recommend a radio flash triggers for a NEX-6?

Thanks!!

7. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    These RF-603 II. ;) They work very well with my Nex-7 via adapter. I think that there must be some kind of connection problem with body and transmitter. Some say that Sony ISO hot shoe is bit too short so it is worth checking that the central pin makes contact.