1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex-6 Review / Report on TOP (The On-line Photographer)

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by -et-, Apr 4, 2013.

1. -et-

-et- TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 26, 2013
    Southern California
    Tom
    As the Title line says, there is an article about the NEX-6 and Zeiss 24mm posted today on TOP.

I consider TOP to be one of my favorite web sites for articles about photography, but that is a personal opinion, and YMMV. Here is a link so you can judge for yourself:

The Online Photographer: Sony NEX-6 Review: Conclusion, Part I

- Tom -

2. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 23, 2013
    While it's nice that he likes the camera, I have to say I'm not impressed with the review itself.

- He rambles way too much.
    - He ignores a lot of features that many, many future users are interested in: video (the Sony's video is some of the best in the mirrorless market...ignoring this is a HUGE mistake), in-camera JPEG (fine, he doesn't shoot JPEG, but that doesn't mean 95% of NEX-6 owners won't), the WiFi (come-ON...this is a huge thing for many camera makers right now, and quite a bit of the Sony's appeal), the flash is done away with in TWO WORDS "it worked," (not all of us carry studio strobes...what a ridiculous thing to say when reviewing a consumer compact), etc
    - He has *ONE* image sample...and even that's nothing special. It doesn't appear to have been taken at high ISOs (1,000...big deal), or in difficult lighting conditions or anything...

A good review/reviewer should cater to potential buyers. People who are trying to do research and trying to find out more about a product...not be a self-centred rambling of what the reviewer cares and doesn't care about.

3. kahren

kahren TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 14, 2013
    absolutely agree with the above, its almost like someone twisted his arm to have to shoot with the nex6