1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX 6 Questions

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by stevelee, May 9, 2013.

1. stevelee

stevelee New to TalkEmount

May 9, 2013
    Hi to all.

Just a quick question or two if you have the time. I am completely new to this camera and am really struggling with the basics.

For example - how do you use the spot AF as a default?

How to change the Fn button to MF/AF permanently so as not to have to keep choosing?

I have about 50 other basic questions but these are bothering me the most.

Thanks in advance.

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Just set it like that and the camera remembers it the next time it powers on.

I don't think that's possible.

3. stevelee

May 9, 2013
    If I do that it doesn't seem to remember, and pressing left or right on the control ring doesn't move the spot. It either puts up the ISO alternatives or the drive options.

There is an option of the bottom soft button to press for spot AF but that defeats the object if I have to press it every time I focus.

4. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    AFAIK you'll have to press the lower soft button every time you want to move the focus spot, and then press OK to go back to the normal mode where the back dial supports ISO, WB etc. again.

5. stevelee

May 9, 2013
    So that means that the single focus point can't be set as a default. After every shot, when I need to re-focus, I need to use the bottom soft button. Wow, that really isn't very pro. Thats fairly Disney.

6. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Then choose center focus and reframe.

7. addieleman

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Not necessarily. After pressing the lower soft button you can move the focus point and take pictures while in that mode. Leaving this mode is done by pressing OK.

8. stevelee

May 9, 2013
    Top man. That's the info I needed. Just don't touch the OK button and all's good. Brilliant.