NEX-6 on Photokina

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by RAWFA, Aug 2, 2012.

1. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    I know this is a rumor website, but I´ve been reading it for years and it´s right 95% of the time (the guy has good sources):

I looks like Sony will release a camera between the NEX5N and the NEX7 on the next Photokina (next month). It is supposed to have a viewfinder.
    Now it´s dreaming time wish list time: 24mp, in body IS (very difficult), higher bitrate on video mode, mic input with audio controls, heat problem under control. And then the usual even better high iso, AF, etc.

(SR5) The NEX-6 is coming! The “mini-NEX-7″ :) | sonyalpharumors
  2. Luiz Curcino

Luiz Curcino TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    Uberlandia-MG Brasil
  3. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    Glass, glass, glass.....
  4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State

And, having used the articulated EVF on the 5N I'm in no hurry to go back to a fixed viewfinder. That tilt function is very useful. If I did more hand held stuff it wouldn't matter much, but I do a lot of low angle tripod work and the tilting EVF is the cat's meow. And I have the Pentax K20 for hand held stuff anyway. ;)
  5. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    If it's a NEX, therefore E-mount, no way will it have IBS (IBIS?). Sony isn't going to make all the OSS lenses worthless.
  6. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    expect more lenses e mount
  7. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    • I hope the "supposed" NEX-6 has a dial knobs like the NEX-7...
    • I hope the EVF has a higher "refresh" rate. I don't mind if the pixel count on the EVF is only moderate. It's the image lag (when I'm panning, or when the subject is moving) that gives me nausea - which is why I gave up and sold my 5N EVF.

(Interesting timing regarding this rumour. Right at the heels of the Canon EOS-M announcement. Hmmmmmm...)
  8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    NEX-5N was announced over a year ago - time for Sony to crank out yet another body...;)
  9. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    True... true... lol! :D