• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Nex 6 omg

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Well, for the past 6 months I've been pining for a Panasonic GX-1 that'd have a built-in VF, Focus Peaking, a hinged screen and usable continuous AF. And SONY just released that today !! The side by side photos at DPR show how similarly sized and overall resembling the two models are...

Like many folks I will STILL wonder whether to get this or the 7 around Xmas, prices should be very similar then.
I'm attracted to the new standard hotshoe and humbler 16MP, but I like the 7 design and TriNavi controls better...

Decisions, decisions ;)

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
The lack of touchscreen is a bit of a dealbreaker coming from a NEX-5N. For me I'm more likely to get the 5R than 6 as the specs stand, but I didn't intend to get a camera on this generation anyway (my 5N is only 4 months old after all!). 6N with a touchscreen... now that would make my wallet hurt. :)

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Well touch-to-focus and browsing etc. are nothing special (especially anyone who's used a smartphone will see the NEX versions are inferior). But...

Touchscreen is the only way camera apps are going to have the freedom to revolutionise photography :) I won't buy another camera without it.

Latest threads

Top Bottom