1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Nex 6 omg

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by nianys, Sep 12, 2012.

1. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Well, for the past 6 months I've been pining for a Panasonic GX-1 that'd have a built-in VF, Focus Peaking, a hinged screen and usable continuous AF. And SONY just released that today !! The side by side photos at DPR show how similarly sized and overall resembling the two models are...

Like many folks I will STILL wonder whether to get this or the 7 around Xmas, prices should be very similar then.
    I'm attracted to the new standard hotshoe and humbler 16MP, but I like the 7 design and TriNavi controls better...

Decisions, decisions ;)

2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    The lack of touchscreen is a bit of a dealbreaker coming from a NEX-5N. For me I'm more likely to get the 5R than 6 as the specs stand, but I didn't intend to get a camera on this generation anyway (my 5N is only 4 months old after all!). 6N with a touchscreen... now that would make my wallet hurt. :)

3. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    The touch screen on my 5N is totally lame compared to the awesome one I got used to on the GX-1, so I just don't use it at all. The 6 is said to have at least touch AF, which is my favorite touch feature anyway, so it does work for me. Now if only I could make up my mind between 6 and 7 !

4. korn_2956

korn_2956 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    I am selling my 5n and getting the 6. I don't use the touch screen either.

5. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Well touch-to-focus and browsing etc. are nothing special (especially anyone who's used a smartphone will see the NEX versions are inferior). But...

Touchscreen is the only way camera apps are going to have the freedom to revolutionise photography :) I won't buy another camera without it.

6. krugorg

krugorg TalkEmount Regular

Aug 17, 2012
    I think touch to focus and shutter can be handy sometimes if the AF speed of the camera is good (looks to be the case here!). Not as keen about touch screen navigation, though, I could see where it would be good for something like a time laps app, where there are multiple settings, controls, etc.