1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex 6 for 809.99?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by ilovenex, Apr 12, 2013.

1. ilovenex

ilovenex TalkEmount Regular

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    This is the cheapest deal I can get out of a lot of stores I've been to over past 1 month. With taxes it comes to 901.99 what you guys think? Is it worth it? Or should I wait a little more. I don't need it till may 20 and I leave for my trip may 21st. Either way this is the camera I want if I buy now or wait. Do you guys think it will go cheaper? Thanks

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I have found through sad personal experience that is never a good idea to go on a trip with new-to-me equipment if I want to ensure that I bring home good pics. ;)

3. chucka

chucka TalkEmount Rookie

Apr 5, 2013
    Fort Worth TX
    I looked for about a month for the best price on a 6 and the weekend it went down to $899 (from $999) I jumped on it with the educational discount Sony gives and got it for the $809 you are talking about.

Instead of ordering, I went to Best Buy to see if they would price match and they did. So I bought it with no waiting.

edit: to answer your question, I don't see it going cheaper any time soon. unless you can find a gently used one for sale.

4. Peter Chin

Peter Chin TalkEmount Regular

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Peter Chin is my real name.
    For the future purchases check with photoprice.ca for Canucks sales (kinda) and photoprice.com for everyone else...sorry I didn't see your post earlier but I just picked up mine for $649 CAD +taxes on top.

5. ilovenex

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    Damn from where? Body only or kit

6. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
  7. ilovenex

Feb 14, 2013
    Vancouver
    Do you think 16-50 is worth the difference getting the kit rather than body?

8. Peter Chin

Jan 20, 2013
    Toronto, ON Canada
    If you don't have any lenses to start the 16-50 is good to have, I don't think the bundle will be cheaper before the 21st plus you'll be saving about $100 if you bought them separately, you could add later the Sigma 19/30 2.8s for ~200+taxes yada yada