1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

nex 6 ciz

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by dundun, Mar 23, 2013.

1. dundun

dundun New to TalkEmount

Mar 23, 2013
    hi just got a nex-6 kit loving it so far is :)

just a quicki is there any way to set the zoom to a fn button ? it does it auto on my 16-50 but on the 55-210 i have to go into the menu each time ?

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    What zoom to fn? Do you mean digital zoom? Or screen magnification?

3. dundun

dundun New to TalkEmount

Mar 23, 2013
    hi the clear image zoom digital zoom

if i use the power zoom lens with clear image zoom turned on it does it automatically but if i fit the 55-210 lens i have to go into the main camera menu and then use the scroll wheel to zoom

i was hoping to set the function button to go into the zoom mode

4. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I don't have a newer NEX body, so I can't answer that definitely - just look into the settings menu if you can set it somewhere you want.

But - and that's just from somebody who wants to get every bit of quality possible - you should either shoot RAW + JPEG (where the uncropped image should be saved as a RAW file) or simply avoid using digital zoom at all. No matter which algorithms are used in the clear image zoom, a PC or Mac can do it better. Cropping is fast in post processing, but you can't get the original file back when doing it in camera, and you'll loose quality that way.