Nex-6 body only US$399

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by sodizin, Jul 23, 2014.

1. sodizin

sodizin New to TalkEmount

Jul 23, 2014
    Las Vegas, NV
    Hello everyone:

I noticed a price drop on Nex-6 (body only) at several sites while comparing prices. Newegg and B&H both have body only for US$399. The Newegg site lists the price as US$450 until you click into the listing. B&H offers a free memory card and free expedited shipping as well.

I hope that this information helps. This is my first post to a forum that I have followed for a while. Can anyone help with links (I need to learn linking!).

Sent from my iPhone using TalkNEX mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  2. chrid

chrid Super Noob

May 5, 2014
    australia
    Chris
    I really feel that $400 for a nex-6 body is a great deal, thanks for sharing

3. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    Best Buy started blowing out NEX 6 kits for $265 a couple of months ago. Most stores are pretty well picked over by now, but reports still trickle in from people finding them in out of the way stores.

4. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    265 for a NEX-6 is a freakin steal! I would get a second one for sure

5. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    The NEX 6 isn't the only thing being clearanced out at BB. The 5T is $300, the 3N is $150 and the A3000 is $133.

As for the NEX 6 body at $399, Amazon sold the A6000 body for $450 a month ago. Now, that was a great deal.

• Like Like x 1
  6. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Man how did I miss the 450 A6000! :/

7. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    I posted the deal. There were many variations to it. One was buy a A6000 body + 50mm lens for $696. The thing is that the 50mm lens was backordered. If you cancelled it, Amazon gave back $250 for the lens. Making the body $450.

https://www.talkemount.com/showthread.php?t=6895

8. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Dayum! The 3N at $150 and the A3000 at $133... heck, the kit lenses for those are worth more than that!
    Hard to believe.

Of course, my local Best Buys don't seem to have any of these in stock... just the A6000, and no longer on any sale that I can tell.

9. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I am not sure if things are just different in the NY area, but I have gone to several Best Buys seeking these deals and they all say they have no idea what I'm talking about. I just left one where they have 5t in stock for $499. I guess it's regional.

10. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    yeah it always is with BB...I have one close to me like 15mins but pretty much 90% of the time have to drive down to the one 45min away to get the deals I read about on the internet. Looks to be a Store Manager choice.

• Like Like x 1
  11. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    It's not regional, there's a national clearance schedule that sets the prices. Although each mgr can decide when they put that schedule into effect. Instead of going to different stores, go into one store and have them look up your district in the inventory system. Then you can see what price level each store is at. Find a store with it in stock at any price. Note a store with the lowest price, even if they are out of stock. Then buy the item at the store with it in stock and then take it to the store with the lowest price and ask them to do a return/rebuy. They will refund what you paid and then you will buy it again at the lower price.

Managers do have a lot of leeway. You can always ask them to match the price of the lowest priced store in their district once they look it up in inventory.

12. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I showed the guy the thread and he smiled and told me don't believe everything you read on the internet. His supervisor looked up all the prices at nearby stores 50 miles. He even went to market place because he said they sometimes they have better prices and people think it's Best Buy. The lowest price he found for NEX 6 kit was $599, and $449 for the 5T kit. I am not questioning what others pay, but I have never heard of anyone in the NY area get these deals.

13. izzikiorage

izzikiorage TalkEmount Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Wow that is a steal, i bought the nex6 for almost double that. Guess i should have waited ;p

14. lenshoarder

Feb 7, 2012
    You shouldn't show them the thread. You shouldn't even mention that you read about it on a forum. Most store employees, particularly managers, do not like deal forums or when people talk about deals on forums. It puts them in a bad mood.

Like I said earlier, this all started a couple of months ago. Most stores are cleared out by this point. There are still at least two NEX 3Ns for $170 in the NY area. Not all stores make their inventory available online.

[​IMG]

15. yakky

yakky TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 25, 2014
    Agree. It's never a good idea to show them the thread. If you need to show them something, you show a copy of a receipt. They are actually trained to say things aren't always true on the Internet.