NEX-6 and NEX-5R

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount News and Rumors' started by mikecoffee, Aug 9, 2012.

1. mikecoffee

mikecoffee TalkEmount Regular

Jul 22, 2012
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Well, if the EVF has "just" 1,44 million dots, I won't consider it. 2,4 million is the least I want.

3. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    DP Review: Sony NEX-5R Hands-on Preview: Digital Photography Review

I wonder how much difference the AF speed will make... all the flashy jargon about phase detection blah blah doesn't really mean much except for the final AF speed, but the preview doesn't really go into it. Top plate control dial is about time... and has the added bonus of pushing the movie record button inwards.

The wireless though... meh seems like battery drain to me. Who wants to upload hundreds of 5MB pictures via wireless anyway? Same with the flipscreen - I like the articulated screen but the 180-degree flip seems a bit wasted, since I'll expect to have an EVF on most of the time.

Really like the manual control changes and the apps show promise, but some of the other changes seem more geared for marketing purposes than really improving the camera. Well my 5N is only 3 months old, so I won't complain or look to upgrade... but Sony generally seem to be heading in a direction I like.

4. mikecoffee

Jul 22, 2012
    It's a surprise that it hasn't a built in flash like the other new lines....

Also I wonder if the 5n software will get upgraded with the new apps etc

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

5. korn_2956

korn_2956 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2012

I wouldn't count on it. They want you to buy the new one

6. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    The 5n doesn't have WiFi, so APP support seems very unlikely

7. mikecoffee

Jul 22, 2012
    Oh whoops forgot about that doh

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

8. korn_2956

korn_2956 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    Could easily upload through USB. Everything would work fine except the photo sharing and remote type stuff.

9. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm not concerned about the apps so much as yet, it's still going to be at least 6 months to a year (after the 5R's release) before the really good can't-live-without apps start coming out, if Android development is anything to go by. That means the successor to the 5R or 6 will probably be about the right time to switch if you really need to. I mostly hope there's compatibility with Android cameras so there's a decent pool of devs for camera apps though... the Samsung Galaxy Camera could probably pull a decent following.