Nex 6 adapt Minolta 5600 / Sony 42?

Discussion in 'Lighting Forum' started by hrstrat57, Mar 3, 2014.

1. hrstrat57

hrstrat57 TalkEmount Regular

Mar 2, 2014
    Just purchased a Nex 6 very excited.

Have the above noted quality flash guns from my extensive A mount kit is there any way to adapt to Nex 6? Prefer OEM but open to any possible suggestion of solution.

Links to any bits of kit that might work?

Thanks so much!
  2. michelb

michelb TalkEmount Regular

Oct 27, 2013
    Greater Montreal area in Quebec, Canada
    Michel Brien
    You will need Sony ADP-MAA adapter for on camera use.

With these 2 units you won't be able to do WL since only HVL-F20 ( M or AM), F43 (M or AM) or F58AM or F60M can be used as controllers. For the M flashes will mount natively, you will again need ADP-MAA with the AM flashes to mount on the camera
    • Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Glad to have you.

Don't use an external flash, so not sure, but the previous post sounds right.
  4. NkedFatWhiteGuy

NkedFatWhiteGuy TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    On my Nex 6, I am using my HVL-F20AM with the ADP-MAA to trigger my HVL-F42AM. I also use the HVL-F42AM on the ADP-MAA and it all works great! It is a little bit top heavy, and feels a little unstable at first, but it really holds well and works good.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hrstrat57

Mar 2, 2014
    Sounds like a logical good solution would be to flip the Minolta 5600 to pay for a HVL-F20AM with the ADP-MAA....was thinking the 42 could trigger the 5600 but no big deal. Will use pop up probably 80% of time seems to perform very nicely in the test shots I took last night.

The 5600 is still pretty sought after piece of kit I think (hope )....will check ebay/craigslist prices today.

Add that to the GAS I need to achieve in the short term I guess....

(better strap, EA2, additional battery and charger, monopod and more? )
  6. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Ad Dieleman
    As usual Michel is right. I have one 5600 HS-D and it works very well on the NEX-6 and the A7. Indeed you can't use the 5600 on the camera to trigger other flashes.
  7. hrstrat57

Mar 2, 2014
    Looks like the newby put this in the wrong forum = I just noticed a lighting specific forum down the page...

Ooops, thanks all for the kind responses! Mods of course feel free to move if desired!

I'll learn I promise! Thanks again!