• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

nex 6, a6000, a7 lets see your "buttons"

alaios

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Alex
Hi everyone,
if you are an owner one of these bodies this is a question with you.
Given your current configuration (configured buttons and external buttons at the body). Turn the camera to manual mode
and report me how many buttons (button here is defined as something that is being pressed or turned, so movement of wheel counts as button) do you need to press for one of the below functionalists

If your camera has very deep menus and is hard to say exactly how many buttons you press to do something give an approximation (i.e around 4-6)

-aperture
-shutter speed
-iso
-switch from auto focus to manual focus
-change metering to spot
-change metering back to center
-exposure compensation
-make histogram to be disabled as blocking part of the viewfinder where you need details.
-change autofocus mode to a small spot
-and then move that spot to focus on your models left eye. How do you move that small focus-point around?
-Change to bracketing mode and configure your camera to take 6 shots of 1 ev difference.

and yes include also your camera in the list :)

That would be a good start.

Have fun and thanks for sharing

Regards
Alex

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
For A7, all the first few are accessible with the dials by default. Presumably you have auto-ISO on if you are in M and want EV compensation. Everything else can be programmed to be done with 1 button press (+directional pad controller) except bracketing, which I think you need to also get the app for as the in-camera bracketing options don't allow for 6 shots.

Poki

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
With the NEX-7, all this can be done without going into the menu. Two button presses at the most when you digged it inside the Fn button.

alaios

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Alex
It would be intresting poki to show us a video with your menu and show us how you change all these optiions. Btw nex-7 has auto iso up to 1600?

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
In M mode, there is no auto ISO with NEX cameras.

In NEX cameras, you cannot set the auto-ISO range for any mode (IIRC it is fixed from 100-3200 and you can't change it).

These options only came with models after the A7 (A6000, maybe A5100?, etc.)

NickCyprus

Super Moderator
Real Name
Nick
Nex - 6

-aperture - toggle the middle wheel (Disp) so 1 "button press"
-shutter speed - toggle the Top Control Dial so 1 "button press"
-iso - press right arrow on middle disp wheel so I guess 2 button presses since 1 to locate and 1 to select
-switch from auto focus to manual focus - assigned to FN so 3 button presses. 1 on FN, 1 to locate parameter and 1 to select
-change metering to spot - assigned to FN so same as above
-change metering back to center - same as above see above
-exposure compensation - press down on middle disp. wheel - by default so 2 button presses, 1 to locate and 1 to select
-make histogram to be disabled as blocking part of the viewfinder where you need details. - press up on middle disp wheel so 5 button presses since its last on the up arrow list
-change autofocus mode to a small spot - assigned to FN so 3 button presses. 1 to FN, 1 to locate and 1 to select
-and then move that spot to focus on your models left eye. How do you move that small focus-point around? - with the arrows on the middle disp. wheel - depends where/how far you move the focus point...
-Change to bracketing mode and configure your camera to take 6 shots of 1 ev difference. - as mentioned you can't do 6 shot bracketing in-camera. You can do 3 which is in Drive Mode so 2 button presses...

Boy, I hoped I got all those right......lol :D

Latest threads

Top Bottom