• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

'NEX-5R Reviewed By Ken Rockwell'

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
"Autofocus is as fast as a DSLR for still shots, and much faster than DSLRs for shooting video, and there is no shutter lag if you know how to use it properly. Therefore, although there often is a slight delay while the photo records before you can make the next shot, for actual shooting, the NEX-5R is just as fast as a DSLR, and can track moving kids just fine. Bravo!"

"A stand-out feature of the NEX-5R is its super-fast AF. It never gets in the way. It just focuses and lets you get the shot."

Really? I am a bit sceptical about that! :)

"I never found the exposure compensation adjustment" - he didn't look very hard. ;)

freddytto

TalkEmount All-Pro
"Autofocus is as fast as a DSLR for still shots, and much faster than DSLRs for shooting video, and there is no shutter lag if you know how to use it properly. Therefore, although there often is a slight delay while the photo records before you can make the next shot, for actual shooting, the NEX-5R is just as fast as a DSLR, and can track moving kids just fine. Bravo!"

"A stand-out feature of the NEX-5R is its super-fast AF. It never gets in the way. It just focuses and lets you get the shot."

Really? I am a bit sceptical about that! :)

"I never found the exposure compensation adjustment" - he didn't look very hard. ;)

yeha I've heard that, that why I am doubtful to grab nex5R or the nex 6, it is worth spending more?

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
I get the sense Sony dumbed down the 5r to give the 6 more differentiation, unlike when there was only 3, 5 and 7. But it doesn't make it a bad camera, the disappointment is that it should/could have been the ultimate modular camera, but instead was a sidestep from the 5n

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
yeha I've heard that, that why I am doubtful to grab nex5R or the nex 6, it is worth spending more?

I don't see any reason why the 5R would be any faster than the 6 Freddy and from what I have heard the 6 is still not that fast.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I'va always found Ken Rockwell's reviews to be "entertaining" (and by that I mean strange) and not something I would ever bas e a buying decision on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom