1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

'NEX-5R Reviewed By Ken Rockwell'

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by RT_Panther, Nov 19, 2012.

1. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
  2. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    "Autofocus is as fast as a DSLR for still shots, and much faster than DSLRs for shooting video, and there is no shutter lag if you know how to use it properly. Therefore, although there often is a slight delay while the photo records before you can make the next shot, for actual shooting, the NEX-5R is just as fast as a DSLR, and can track moving kids just fine. Bravo!"

"A stand-out feature of the NEX-5R is its super-fast AF. It never gets in the way. It just focuses and lets you get the shot."

Really? I am a bit sceptical about that! :)

"I never found the exposure compensation adjustment" - he didn't look very hard. ;)

3. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    yeha I've heard that, that why I am doubtful to grab nex5R or the nex 6, it is worth spending more?

4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I get the sense Sony dumbed down the 5r to give the 6 more differentiation, unlike when there was only 3, 5 and 7. But it doesn't make it a bad camera, the disappointment is that it should/could have been the ultimate modular camera, but instead was a sidestep from the 5n

5. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Fast AF ? Get outta here ;)

6. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    I don't see any reason why the 5R would be any faster than the 6 Freddy and from what I have heard the 6 is still not that fast.

7. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    I'va always found Ken Rockwell's reviews to be "entertaining" (and by that I mean strange) and not something I would ever bas e a buying decision on.

8. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    ^^^^this^^^^