• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

NEX 5R is in the mail!

New2Nex

TalkEmount Rookie
I'm soooooooooo excited. Just got an email from Sony and FedEx that my camera is on its way! I will either get it tomorrow or Thursday since I have to sign for it. I can't wait to get my hands on it and start taking pictures. This is the longest that I've waited for anything except the birth of my daughter! LOL

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
I'm soooooooooo excited. Just got an email from Sony and FedEx that my camera is on its way! I will either get it tomorrow or Thursday since I have to sign for it. I can't wait to get my hands on it and start taking pictures. This is the longest that I've waited for anything except the birth of my daughter! LOL

Cool!

I think you might be the first one here with the 5R... hope you give us a review. Would love to hear about it too. :)

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wow, extra cool, please give us your impressions when you get it !!!

New2Nex

TalkEmount Rookie
FedEx tracking update: "Oct 10, 2012 9:01 PM Arrived at FedEx location" - - - it's sooooooooooooooo close!!!! If all goes well, I should get it tomorrow or by Friday at the latest!!!!!!!!

New2Nex

TalkEmount Rookie
It's here! It's here! OMGosh - I LOVE it already!!!! This little camera completely blows the Nikon 1 J1 I had out of the water. My biggest issue with the J1 was its inability to take photos in low light. I haven't even attached the flash to this camera and I've taken all sorts of shots around the house with little light. I can't wait to take "real" photos with it this weekend when we take our daughter to the pumpkin patch!!!!

New2Nex

TalkEmount Rookie
It's complete torture waiting for the battery to charge...

SonyNEX5R.jpg
   ---            

New2Nex

TalkEmount Rookie
I would be very interested in the AF performance. Do you have the LA-EA1 adapter?

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an "LA-EA1 adapter"? I'm guessing I don't have one since I don't know what it is. :) Regarding AF, I was just shooting around the house in the evening last night, so it wasn't very bright and I did not attach the flash. It focused at a descent speed considering how dim the ambient light was. I didn't bring the camera to work with me today because I knew I'd be waaaaay to tempted to play with it. I'll be taking the camera to the pumpkin patch tomorrow morning, so I'm sure I'll get some really nice Halloween pics. I'll post some tomorrow night....or if I can figure out the wi-fi stuff, I can post them while I'm at the pumpkin patch!!!! Woo hooooooo!

New2Nex

TalkEmount Rookie
Well, my previous post never did get posted....said it was awaiting moderator/admin approval. I'll try again. The AF seems to work well and respond quickly. I've tried a bunch of shots in low light, and it's taken just about every photo. The only time the AF has not worked was if I was too close to the subject, but I think I remember reading that was an issue in some early reviews. I don't take macro photos much, so I don't mind. Here are a couple photos of the dogs I took this afternoon...

178597_4783950524555_1441013181_o.jpg
   ---            
602299_4783985365426_977776249_n.jpg
   ---            

I looked up what a "LA-EA1 adapter" is, and NO, I don't have one. :) I only have the body and the lens it came with: 18-55mm. I'm thinking I would like the 18-200mm lens, but gosh - that's more than what I already spent!!! That may have to wait a while.

I downloaded the 4 available apps (I paid for the ISO one) and have used the upload one and the one that connects it to a smartphone. They work GREAT! I was able to post directly to facebook or use the wi-fi connection to view then copy the photo onto my phone. So AWESOME!

Latest threads

Top Bottom