• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

NEX-5N with Rokkor X 50 1.8

Joshua Cairns

TalkEmount Regular
Playing with the new lens, the Rokkor x 50mm f1.8

JOSHUA CAIRNS: Light up the Night

(click the image for full size)

I'm quite liking this lens so far; it renders images beautifully with pleasing bokeh. Although, these lens are making me wish I had an Alpha camera for the IBIS! Shooting at night with these fast primes + IBIS would be incredible.

applemint

TalkEmount Veteran
Although, these lens are making me wish I had an Alpha camera for the IBIS! Shooting at night with these fast primes + IBIS would be incredible.
Not sure on the details, but I think there is an issue with using the older (manual focus) Minolta lenses on the Alpha cameras - something about having to use an adapter with a glass element which degrades the image quality? The current model Alpha SLT's have focus peaking and a green light to confirm focus on manual but the only manual focus lenses which are easy to use are M42 mount as for some reason that works with a cheap adapter which is like the Nex adapters (no glass) but other mounts don't have that option.

Joshua Cairns

TalkEmount Regular
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
As far as I know there never has been a Rokkor 50mm 1:1.8, but then again I could be misinformed. Could you show us a picture? I'm quite curious to see what you have!
The reason you don't know about it is because it never existed! You caught my error. 1.4**

Top Bottom