NEX-5N with Rokkor X 50 1.8

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by Joshua Cairns, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Joshua Cairns

Joshua Cairns TalkEmount Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Playing with the new lens, the Rokkor x 50mm f1.8

JOSHUA CAIRNS: Light up the Night

(click the image for full size)

I'm quite liking this lens so far; it renders images beautifully with pleasing bokeh. Although, these lens are making me wish I had an Alpha camera for the IBIS! Shooting at night with these fast primes + IBIS would be incredible.

2. addieleman

addieleman Passionate amateur

Nov 13, 2012
    Netherlands
    Ad Dieleman
    Intrigued...

As far as I know there never has been a Rokkor 50mm 1:1.8, but then again I could be misinformed. Could you show us a picture? I'm quite curious to see what you have!

3. applemint

applemint TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Not sure on the details, but I think there is an issue with using the older (manual focus) Minolta lenses on the Alpha cameras - something about having to use an adapter with a glass element which degrades the image quality? The current model Alpha SLT's have focus peaking and a green light to confirm focus on manual but the only manual focus lenses which are easy to use are M42 mount as for some reason that works with a cheap adapter which is like the Nex adapters (no glass) but other mounts don't have that option.

4. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    wow, offers great bokeh, very nice. We expect more photos.

5. Joshua Cairns

Joshua Cairns TalkEmount Regular

Oct 12, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    The reason you don't know about it is because it never existed! You caught my error. 1.4**

6. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    lol, I really liked the bokeh so try to investigate about that lens but didn't found anything in the web, so you mean Rokkor X 50mm f/1.4 right?
    : D

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave