• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

NEX-5N users: how do you change ISO?

lecturedoodle

New to TalkEmount
Hi everyone,

I've been thinking about switching from m43 to NEX (I have a GH2 which is my first interchangeable lens camera), so I tried out the NEX-5N at a SonyStyle store last week a few minutes before the store closed for the night. How do you change the ISO, for example from 100 to 200? On my GH2, I just push the "ISO" button. :p

If there's another thread that talks about this already, please feel free to link me to it. (c:

I really like the size and usability of the GH2 + m43 lenses, but really REALLY want the image quality that comes from an APS-C camera, without the size and bulk of a typical Canikon DSLR kit.

Thanks!

tomrock

TalkEmount Regular
I assigned the ISO function to the "Right" button of the wheel on the back of the camera.

If you don't do that, you have to go to the Brightness and Color menu.

bbob

TalkEmount Regular
If I could suggest what I do . . .

I bought the NEX-5n because I wanted a larger sensor and the ability to shoot RAW. so I put the RAW on the right button, and used the bottom soft key for ISO. This way when I see a scene worthy of a keeping, I take a RAW shot and change it back to JPG.

then I moved the ISO to the bottom soft key, but the problem is when you put on a manual focus alternative lens the function changes to MF, so I also put ISO on one of the 5 custom features (Middle button key along with HDR, MF etc)

bob

madmaxmedia

TalkEmount Regular
How do you assign RAW to the right button? I didn't see that (or Image Quality setting) in the list of choices (on a NEX-C3).

bbob

TalkEmount Regular
How do you assign RAW to the right button? I didn't see that (or Image Quality setting) in the list of choices (on a NEX-C3).
on my 5n I assigned Quality which gives options for; Fine, Raw + jpeg, RAW etc
I'm not sure how the C3 works, perhaps you need to update the firmware

bob

Top Bottom