1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX-5N to Have Capacitive Touch Screen?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
  2. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    Don't mind a touch screen as long as it still has buttons for us old fogeys.

3. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    If this is true, then the NEX-5N looks like it will have more to differentiate it from the NEX-C3 than the NEX-5 had to do the same with the NEX-3.

4. jtbullet

jtbullet New to TalkEmount

Aug 9, 2011
    Hopefully the 5N is the more capable version that, as an HX9 owner, I have been looking for.
    I have a canon 7D, and an HX9. I notice a drastic improvement in rolling shutter in the hx9. It also does 60p 1080p, and the canon doesnt. The hx9's stabilizer is better than the 7d with a stabilized 28-138mm kit lens. But the hx9 is still not perfect, though I love it.

Sony could blow the market apart with a 5N that allows for exposure locking and manual controls regardless of video mode. If not the 5N, hopefully the Nex 7, will have this feature. Either way, I sold the 7D, and am waiting on Sony to buy its replacement. Great camera, but the image quality doesnt merit the price, size, and weight when you compare it to the Nex 5 (im thinking of the short film Another Yesterday on vimeo) for the independent filmmaker, especially when I can get (3) Nex 5's for the same price and capture multiple camera angles of a scene. Cant wait!

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm guessing Sony will handicap the video in the 5N to push people to buy the 7. Hope I'm wrong!

6. jtbullet

jtbullet New to TalkEmount

Aug 9, 2011
    I'm ok with some handicapping, but hopefully the 5n will be at least as capable as the 5 was. Worst fear: no manual aperture/iso/shutterspeed/exposure controls on either NEX, forcing me into an a77.

7. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I always thought you were a young fogey :p

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    If the 5N has this touch AF/shutter release, I think it'll be a good fit for me.

9. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
    I'm hitting another birthday with a '0' on the end next year. I'll settle for a middle aged fogey.