NEX-5N Giveaway at

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Aug 20, 2011.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    IMG_216958. is giving away a Sony NEX-5N kit

With the new launch of, our goal is to build a strong user group of NEX photographers where we can all benefit from interacting with one another on a site dedicated to the Sony NEX system. Eventually, we'd like to have the kind of active, friendly site for NEX photographers that we were able to build for Micro 4/3 photographers over at If you're excited enough about the NEX system to know that you would enjoy an active dedicated NEX community, please help us get this one off the ground. You might just win an NEX-5N in the process!

As the founder of, I learned that it takes a lot of hard work from a small group of enthusiastic and helpful individuals to get a site like this off the ground. Until things get to a certain level of activity, there is little incentive for others to participate. However, I also learned from Mu-43 that there are great rewards for putting in that work. We now have a thriving community of Micro 4/3 users enjoying what we have collectively created there. For many of us, it is our home on the web.

To add a fun element to the hard work of launching this new site, we've decided to give away a Sony NEX-5N kit to a randomly selected member who has contributed some value to the new forums.

Here's what you need to do to enter our NEX-5N giveaway:
    1. Register as a member. You can register via the Facebook Connect button at the top of the page. If you don't use Facebook or if you have non-English language characters in your Facebook name, register by clicking here.
    2. Start at least one discussion thread. You can do this by choosing an appropriate forum from our Forum Index and clicking on the "Post New Thread" button. The post with which you start the thread must be relevant and contribute some value to the forum. Examples: Tell us what you hope to see from the NEX system, your impressions of a particular camera or lens, some of your thoughts on photography, or start an image thread with a particular theme and invite others to participate.
    On October 1, 2011, we will randomly select one member who has fulfilled the above requirements as the winner of an NEX-5N kit (18-55mm lens kit). The contest is open to members worldwide*. Existing members who have completed the steps above are eligible to win and do not need to repeat those steps in order to enter the contest.

*In order to be eligible to win, you must be 18 years or older and reside in a country where this type of sweepstakes is legal. Posts made in the forum must be in the English language. Anyone who registers and posts under more than one user name on the site will be disqualified.

I'm hoping that our early members here at will help Olli, Travis, and myself to create a special home here for NEX users. You can help by actively posting in the forums and by helping to get the word out about this new site. Nothing works better than a personal invitation to someone whom you know would be a great member. Letting people in your Facebook, Twitter, blog following, Flickr groups, and G+ circles know that you're here is another great way to spread the word.

September 1 update: Now that the NEX-5N is out, we are offering that as the prize in lieu of the NEX-C3. If the winner prefers to receive an NEX-C3, we will be happy to provide that instead (either 16mm or 18-55mm kit). Contest requirements have also been simplified as per the above updated version.
  2. CesarM

CesarM TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    Thanks for make this contest hope i can win this camera
    in order to use it on my photography class

Cesar Melendrez
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ

Wow, that is nice.
  4. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I've already fulfilled 1, 3 and 4, so I'm hoping this fulfills #2???

Sept 1 Update from Amin: The requirements have been reduced and simplified as per the first post.
  5. CesarM

CesarM TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    i invite some friends to participate but i only send them the link of the web page
  6. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks, Cesar. Very much appreciated!
  7. Ross

Ross TalkEmount Regular

Aug 22, 2011
    Nice to have a contest like this, and it is worldwide? The ratio of winning is hard. Anyway, I hope I can win this goody Sony NEX camera, from film based to digital :D
  8. Abdelrhman Zaghloul

Abdelrhman Zaghloul TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
  9. Yves Gajardo

Yves Gajardo TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Pittsburg, CA
    OOh.. A NEX-C3!! Nice!! Really hope I win! The only thing that would suck though is i'd have to buy more adapters to use my legacy glass! haha.

Sept 1 Update from Amin: The prize is now an NEX-5N, although the winner can choose the NEX-C3 instead if he/she prefers.
  10. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    Thanks Amin!! Looking forward to another great site!!
  11. Tymoe

Tymoe TalkEmount Regular

Aug 24, 2011
    I think the Giveaway is a great idea! Only hope that it will not lead to a inflation of almost-non-sense-threads ;) But I'm looking forward to some vivid discussions between NEX-users! Hopefully, there will be all different kinds of NEX-photographers posting here (the pros looking for an alternative to their massive equipment as well as the amateurs advancing from the compact-camera-m├ętier) :cool:
  12. idoblu

idoblu TalkEmount Regular

Aug 16, 2011
    Mr.Sabet, how about a Nex-7 instead.?....LOL :D
  13. CesarM

CesarM TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    less than a week to the announcement of the winner :D

looking forward :)
  14. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Sorry, Cesar, it's actually over a month away. Please re-read the first post for the details.
  15. CesarM

CesarM TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 20, 2011
    one more month to know who is the winner :D
  16. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    I wish my pockets were that deep :).
  17. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    The prize is now up to a NEX-5n?!?

Cool! I was hoping that I'd win back when the prize was a C3, now I'll be heartbroken if I don't win the 5n ... at least until my NEX-7 arrives. ;)
  18. Djarum

Djarum TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 1, 2011
    Huntsville, AL
    Hello All,

Some of you know me from mu-43 or seriouscompacts. Great to be aboard another great forum!

19. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    That it is. However, the winner will have the option of choosing an NEX-C3 if they prefer ;).
  20. Alowisney

Alowisney TalkEmount Regular

Sep 1, 2011
    Macon, GA USA
    This is an awesome contest, thanks for doing it!