1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX 5N down to $499 with 18-55mm and $399 body only.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Sep 16, 2012.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    The price of the NEX 5N has dropped to $499 for a kit with lens and $399 body only. This is everywhere from Sony store to Amazon to Adorama.

2. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    I just bought it at full price last week. Ughhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

3. korn_2956

korn_2956 TalkEmount Regular

Jun 11, 2012
    You should be able to call and get the sale price.

4. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Ouch, that hurts. I bought one about ten days ago, but it was pre-owned and the deal I got wasn't bad. Shouldn't loose TOO much when I resell it after getting the 6.

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I'd contact the seller and see if they can hook you up with a discount. You may not get the full price reduction, but then again you just might.

6. blb

blb TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 29, 2011
    Just what I was waiting for. It's Christmas in September. Mine will be here by the end of the week. Thank you to all who are lining up for the 5r and 6!

7. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Congrats!! :)

8. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    It's a no go, Sony won't rebate items bought before the 16th. I emailed the company I bought mine from. All in all I still don't feel bad paying what I did for it. It's a great camera.

Any one looking to buy a 3 week old fuji x10 with extras?

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

9. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    Since my deal for the used one fell through this is awesome news for me. Still have some saving to do, but I was pricing the 5n at Amazon on Friday night and it was 589.I was heading towards the 5n anyway, now I have no excuse. Just hope this is the new everyday price and it doesn't go back up before I have the cash rounded up.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

10. dixeyk

dixeyk TalkEmount All-Pro

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Hmmm...might be time to pick the 5n up. Seeing as I'm all manual focus the 5n is just as good for me as the 5r or the 6.

11. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I paid full price for mine... it's worth it! :)

12. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Sold off my PL25 and Sigma 30 and picked up a shiny new 5n...should be here by the weekend. Gotta find my C3 a good home now.

13. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Congrats! :)

14. dixeyk

Jun 18, 2012
    Bellingham . WA
    Kevin
    Thanks, it was pretty much a case of having the cash at the right time and the price being really hard to pass up. I'm not expecting this be a huge upgrade but there will be a few things that will be an improvement. Having better video and a faster burst rate will be useful and while I have been fine without an EVF not being restricted from having one will be a nice bonus.

15. ErickSaint

ErickSaint TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Milwaukee, WI
    Erick
    This dropped from $499 yesterday to $479 today at amazon...and I'm still broke. Hopefully it stays here or keeps dropping until I become un-broke. :)

16. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    BTW, I just discovered that on the 5N (with MF legacy lens mounted) I can tap any specific part on the touch-screen and the magnification factor will zoom directly to that area for manual critical focusing without moving the camera, which eliminates the need to recompose after zooming back out to take the shot. I'm pretty sure I've glanced through the entire basics, but for some reason I missed that little golden tidbit...

17. dbmiller

dbmiller TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    New England
    Alas, for me, I turned of the touch screen soon after I got it. Was always hitting it when I didn't intend to (Nose, hand, whatever), and just got too annoyed with it.