• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

NEX 5N down to $499 with 18-55mm and $399 body only.

lenshoarder

TalkEmount Veteran
The price of the NEX 5N has dropped to $499 for a kit with lens and $399 body only. This is everywhere from Sony store to Amazon to Adorama.

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
I just bought it at full price last week. Ughhhh.

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers

Ouch, that hurts. I bought one about ten days ago, but it was pre-owned and the deal I got wasn't bad. Shouldn't loose TOO much when I resell it after getting the 6.

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
I just bought it at full price last week. Ughhhh.

I'd contact the seller and see if they can hook you up with a discount. You may not get the full price reduction, but then again you just might.

blb

TalkEmount Rookie
Just what I was waiting for. It's Christmas in September. Mine will be here by the end of the week. Thank you to all who are lining up for the 5r and 6!

Deadbear77

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Kevin
It's a no go, Sony won't rebate items bought before the 16th. I emailed the company I bought mine from. All in all I still don't feel bad paying what I did for it. It's a great camera.

Any one looking to buy a 3 week old fuji x10 with extras?

ErickSaint

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Erick
Since my deal for the used one fell through this is awesome news for me. Still have some saving to do, but I was pricing the 5n at Amazon on Friday night and it was 589.I was heading towards the 5n anyway, now I have no excuse. Just hope this is the new everyday price and it doesn't go back up before I have the cash rounded up.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Hmmm...might be time to pick the 5n up. Seeing as I'm all manual focus the 5n is just as good for me as the 5r or the 6.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Sold off my PL25 and Sigma 30 and picked up a shiny new 5n...should be here by the weekend. Gotta find my C3 a good home now.

kevistopheles

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Thanks, it was pretty much a case of having the cash at the right time and the price being really hard to pass up. I'm not expecting this be a huge upgrade but there will be a few things that will be an improvement. Having better video and a faster burst rate will be useful and while I have been fine without an EVF not being restricted from having one will be a nice bonus.

ErickSaint

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Erick
This dropped from $499 yesterday to $479 today at amazon...and I'm still broke. Hopefully it stays here or keeps dropping until I become un-broke. :)

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
Thanks, it was pretty much a case of having the cash at the right time and the price being really hard to pass up. I'm not expecting this be a huge upgrade but there will be a few things that will be an improvement. Having better video and a faster burst rate will be useful and while I have been fine without an EVF not being restricted from having one will be a nice bonus.

BTW, I just discovered that on the 5N (with MF legacy lens mounted) I can tap any specific part on the touch-screen and the magnification factor will zoom directly to that area for manual critical focusing without moving the camera, which eliminates the need to recompose after zooming back out to take the shot. I'm pretty sure I've glanced through the entire basics, but for some reason I missed that little golden tidbit...

dbmiller

TalkEmount All-Pro
Alas, for me, I turned of the touch screen soon after I got it. Was always hitting it when I didn't intend to (Nose, hand, whatever), and just got too annoyed with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom