1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

NEX 3N compatible remote ?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by karmakomae, Jan 30, 2014.

1. karmakomae

karmakomae TalkEmount Rookie

Dec 10, 2013
    Hello folks,

I was looking into buying a remote for my camera (that is a NEX-3N), and I found out that Sony has released an official one with a lot of arguable extra features (like power zoom control and such) : http://store.sony.com/gsi/webstore/...3xtt-tabRwOsyG6tnEzxnCLl_hJxIec?SKU=27-RMVPR1

I was wondering if any of you was aware of any *cheap* alternative to this remote, without the fancy stuff (like this http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Remote-Shutt...=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item2a1eb6b242)

Matthieu,

2. epracer71

epracer71 TalkEmount Rookie

Jan 16, 2014
    I am also looking for the same thing

3. BlueBill

BlueBill TalkEmount Regular

Jan 6, 2014
    Toronto
    I don't think the 3N or any 3 series has an IR sensor. The 5 series does, it's a little square in the handgrip.

4. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Surprisinlgy nex 3n is in the list.. I wonder if nex-f3 would be supported too... I just hope!

5. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I found couple of days ago the pinout of the new remote connector. I haven't seen copies of that remote yet but there may be soon. On the other hand nobody seems to make flashes for the new Sony ISO hot shoe.

The new remote is attached to micro usb connector so I think it is not DIYable and you can't get the connector anywhere anyways.

6. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    How about using your phone as your remote since the 3N got wifi?

7. karmakomae

Dec 10, 2013
    Well the 3N doesn't have wifi nor IR receiver. I guess that's one of the reason they released a specific wired remote :-/

8. karmakomae

Dec 10, 2013
  9. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    Oops. My bad, I thought it has wifi.

10. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Wired remotes are better anyway, although I bought a wireless Sony one because I didn't want to pay €70 for a remote.