1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

NEX 3N already on sale for 10% off.

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by lenshoarder, Apr 2, 2013.

1. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    It's not even out yet but Sony has already put it on sale. Directly from Sony.

SonyRewards | Browse Rewards

You can buy points for roughly 100 points per $1, I think it might be a little better than that. So it's about $450 to buy the points to buy the 3N.

2. lenshoarder

lenshoarder TalkEmount Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    I didn't realize it was already out. I thought it was still on preorder. I went down and played with one today. One thing Sony finally got right is the grip. The rubber grip surfaces are actually grippy now. Before they looked grippy but were slick. I don't like the folder over LCD, I rather have the fold up and done LCD like on the original NEX. The previews made it sound like the camera looked more expensive than the base model. I find the new look cheaper than even my original NEX 3. Sony must really want people to zoom. There are 3 physical controls for the power zoom. One on the body like a P&S camera and two on the lens. The dedicated zoom lever and the focus ring controls the zoom as well. I never saw the 16-50mm lens in person before. It's bigger than I thought it would be.

All in all, it's seems like a good camera in it's price range, especially coming with the pancake zoom at that price. Overall though, I still prefer my RX100. Something about the 3N says cheap to me. Something about the RX100 says classy.