1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Nex 16mm f2.8 lens Performance on 5n or7

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by Robert McGuigan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Robert McGuigan

Robert McGuigan New to TalkEmount

Jan 13, 2012
    Australia
    Hi there,
    Has anybody checked out how much the IQ of the 16mm f2.8 lens is improved by the lens correction features on the Nex 5n and 7 ? I have this lens and a Nex 3 and 5 also the wide angle and fish eye attachments. It would be interesting to find out how much they are also improved especially the chromatic aberration.

Thanks
    Robert

2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    There's still some CA, but the edge sharpness and CA seem better on the 5N and C3 than on the 5 and 3. I'm not sure about the 7, but judging from performance of other lenses, I'm guessing the 16 won't perform as well on that.

3. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I haven't tested 16mm on Sony nex-5 vs 5n, but I have seen improvement on my CV 12mm lens with nex-5n in comparison to nex-5 as I posted here:

https://www.talkemount.com/f12/voigtlander-12mm-f-5-6-aspherical-ultra-wide-heliar-190/

I don't have nex-7 also, but the Fred Miranda alt forum has lots of tests of wide rf lenses and the conclusion:

4. Robert McGuigan

Robert McGuigan New to TalkEmount

Jan 13, 2012
    Australia
    Thanks for the replies. Serhan I found the info from Fred Miranda very interesting.

Robert